Kissing

Franken

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that group dating is one of the best ways to go...as long as the group stays a group and doesnt' start pairing up once everyone is away from the house.

As I read the replies...I think this:

If I was a guy...I would listen to what the men (and the overaged boys) have to say...they have been there, they have learned by their mistakes or the mistakes of others...and they know how you are feeling. Hard for a female to really understand the inside workings of a male. All we can do is speculate.

I have noticed some good advice from the guys....I won't tell you what I would do...cause it probably would be wrong....go with the guys!

• 4 weeks later...

I suppose you guys are right. Right now I have another dilemma though =] lol. Well anyways, I like this girl, but she kinda fell out of the church in Jr High, and I'm just gettin to know her better day by day. Some people have been telling me to not get involved though... like I don't know what to do, I'd like to see if I could get her to come back, I mean her family is all active and all, so I can't imagine it would be too hard right? I don't know whether to give up or keep trying, some of my friends are saying I should give up so that she doesn't drag me down with her... I'm not sure what to do.

Guest estump

What does your heart tell you? Do you feel like you could really help this girl? If so....listen to yourself and not your friends. Just make sure you're careful and don't mistake any feelings of 'like' for her, as a desire to bring her back into the fold.

Originally posted by estump@Aug 7 2004, 10:54 AM

What does your heart tell you? Do you feel like you could really help this girl? If so....listen to yourself and not your friends. Just make sure you're careful and don't mistake any feelings of 'like' for her, as a desire to bring her back into the fold.

I honestly don't know... I'm having a hard time right now at this point in my life deciphering whatever my heart and soul are trying to tell me. Not just about this, but too many other things. I've decided, I'm not going to give up at least. As long as she can't drag me down. I guess I'll just have to see how the school year starts out.

If you think about it if joseph smith had given up on all those people who were refusing the church what would have happened to use? You should never just "give up" on someone. Because that could be the person you marry and who knows you could be bishop or something and you and your wifes relationship could influence somebody else. Like a ripple effect. But if that ripple was started the wrong way things could really go wrong.

I think you have your answer Franken...you chose not to turn away from her.

If you are comfortable in who you are, and what you believe...then you will be strong enough to at least be friends without the worry of her "trying to turn you away". I agree with the lighthouse..."don't give up" you may be the person that this girl needs in her life right now. Friends, better friends....best friends...that's up to you. Fact is, friends are there to help each other thru the difficult and trying times. Friends respect each other...their feelings, their family, their faith.....If things get rocky for you....and you are uncomfortable with things....I'm sure that you will know it's time to change friends.

• 4 weeks later...

Originally posted by juliet@Sep 3 2004, 09:45 PM

they say youre not supposed to kiss passionately, dont they? I would say just know your personal limits. You're not supposed to do anythign thats going to make you want to go further than you should- i think that shuold be the general rule.

I figure the best way to avoid any of that is to avoid kissing in and of itself. Plus, what's 2 years of my life anyways? I can wait.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, here is my opinion on kissing. it can lead to more. thats if you let it. i have kissed before. i don't really find anything wrong with it. people can take it to far. its because of those people that it looks bad. basically you have to trust yourself and the other person. this is just my opinion. i'm 17 and i'm sure parents would disagree with me. if you do don't let it go farther.

Originally posted by jrockwell1222@Sep 15 2004, 07:03 PM

ok, here is my opinion on kissing. it can lead to more. thats if you let it. i have kissed before. i don't really find anything wrong with it. people can take it to far. its because of those people that it looks bad. basically you have to trust yourself and the other person. this is just my opinion. i'm 17 and i'm sure parents would disagree with me. if you do don't let it go farther.

I'm sure parents would disagree with you! :o I think if you put yourself in the position of a kiss in the first place, you have placed yourself in a bad situation.

If I could compare it to something, I would say it would be like being intoxicated. You just take a few drinks at first, but once you're drunk, you don't have a lot of control over what happens next. Now of course it's not a perfect comparison, but ya get the basic idea.

Originally posted by jrockwell1222@Sep 20 2004, 04:26 AM

like i said, it's my opinion. i knew people wouldn't like it. different people can handle different things. and sounds like how you feel has changed since this started. so now you know how you feel about it you can choose what you want. :D

Haha, ok yeah my opinion has changed since the beginning of this, but that's because I experienced it, and felt really stupid and guilty afterwards. Turns out I was just being used in the end. But yes, I think I'd rather wait now until my wedding day. Too much pressure is put on kissing in High School.

Originally posted by Franken@Mar 6 2004, 07:23 PM

Hey guys, I'm at a bit of a dilema here. Me and my girlfriend have been recently talking about kissing and weren't sure if it was ok. We agreed that since we're both 15 that we'd wait at least until we were 16. I was wondering what kind of views the church has on this (I'm not really familiar with them). So basically, do they Strongly discourage it, just sort of discourage, agree, neutral, do you guys know?

It is a slippery slope...it just ain't that easy to say...just kissing. if you play with fire you'll get burned

• 2 weeks later...
Guest &lusername&gt

did anyone read the october new era? it says the kissing means " i really, really like you " if yo do truly feelthis way, the go ahaid and kiss. bu tkeep your limmits, or about 3 sec. at the most.no toung. the church has never said dont kiss at all untill you are married, except for pres. kimble (sp?), and that was not offical church doctin. it is kinda like caffien, it is a personal choice. and sorry bout the spelling, but i have it, it is a family curse. but remember, dont lie, or in other words, dont kiss someone unless you really really like this person. dont be a lip skank

Originally posted by <username>@Oct 12 2004, 05:04 PM

did anyone read the october new era? it says the kissing means " i really, really like you " if yo do truly feelthis way, the go ahaid and kiss. bu tkeep your limmits, or about 3 sec. at the most.no toung. the church has never said dont kiss at all untill you are married, except for pres. kimble (sp?), and that was not offical church doctin. it is kinda like caffien, it is a personal choice. and sorry bout the spelling, but i have it, it is a family curse. but remember, dont lie, or in other words, dont kiss someone unless you really really like this person. dont be a lip skank

Actually, the funny thing is, I just barely read the New Era as I was doing homework a few hours ago. But actually, when they say that, I do believe that they are referring to people 18 or over, so I don't think it completely applies to me yet.

you don't have to listen to me but well if you like her kiss her but don't do anything bad like makeout and just keep your head straight and think about if you do want to kiss her then go ahead but if you do kiss her and then breakup then you are really mean because when you kiss a girl they think that this is a real relationship so just ask your girlfriend and yes it would be best to wait til you are 16 and just think about it before you kiss and do not french kiss that is just gross . and think about what everyone is saying.

I joined the church at 17 and my mothers sex talk to me was to put me on birth control befor I had any intention of having sex (13yrs). By the time I joined the church and knew better I made some serious mistakes. All of these things started with me saying we will just kiss and that got boring b/c kissing is a sexual thing and it makes you want to do more. Even if you don't french kiss at first it will be harder to draw lines the more you get familer with someone.

If you could understand the importanc of that first kiss and how magical it would be if given at the alter, you would'nt even consider a peck. But trust me I know how hard it seems and how long away it seems to wait. I'm 22 and it feals like yesterday that I was 15. The time will fly if you do decide to wait you will not regret it. :)

I agree with you apple. I really think that kissing, just isn't all that important right now... I mean, the purpose is in and of itself to show to someone that you really like them, and honestly, I don't think that's meant for 17 and below. I believe when you are 18 and single dating, it may be appropriate, but it would definately depend on the situation.

More than that, I do believe that it is a personal choice, though some peoples personal choices I wouldn't agree with, but that is definately up to them.

And as a reply to <username>, yes, it was written for youth, youth meaning 18 and older. Why would they have articles on getting married and how to get married for youth around 16 and 17? No one is getting married that early. It was definately referring to 18 and above.