Something That Has Me Cheesed Off!

Yokomsa

Hi L.H.,

I wasn't sure if you were saying that you (not being their parent) would spank those children while at church. Is that why they would have a hard time sitting down?

Thanks

I would probably feel like doing so, but truthfully, I probably wouldn't. I usually try not to spank other people's children. :) I just get very stern with them, and they usually get in line.

The point I am trying to make, is that if this behaviour continues, and everyone just looks the other way and says "Oh we shouldn't judge" then it will continue on down to the eventual degradation of the Church. There is a difference between passing judgment and taking corrective actions. The corrective actions, however need to go through the proper channels. It is doing an injustice to the teacher for the parents to raise a pack of hoodlums and expect a sunday school teacher to be required to deal with them. Again, if the parent are trying to do a good job, then I'm fine with them; but if they don't really care, then it gets under my skin.

And moreover, if no corrective actions are ever taken, then eventually the main body of the Church will be a bunch of dilinquents. There are those who try to uphold the standards, but I'll bet there is a higher percentage who will try to get away with everything they can. If the standard of acceptable conduct keeps getting lower and lower, then the people's standards, for the most part, will fall accordingly. I know for a fact that this sort of behaviour would not have been allowed in first days of the Church.

L.H.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that we go to church, not to feel the spirit, but to learn how to keep it with us all week.

I also don't mind young children bringing games as long as the volume is off and they are silent so I can hear a message that can help me keep the spirit with me better.

I also don't have a huge problem keeping it with me all week like you make it seem most people do, and I know that the majority of youth in my church don't have that problem either.

I also feel it wien I go to members houses to babysit.....

So I assume that they feel it too, because the spirit certainly is there.

I just wanted to put that out there.

That is just my opinion and what I personally feel.

Hi Des, I agree, we go to church to learn how to keep the spirit with us, but we also go there to get a spiritual recharge. Regardless of one's ability to keep the spirit with them, it is a big benefit for some, to be able to go to church and partake of the spirit in such an abundance.

It's kind of hard to explain, but if you constantly worked around immoral, foul mouthed scum o'the Earth, (believe me, it can wear you pretty thin) you would understand how great it feels to partake of the spirit as abundantly as it concentrates during church; and how much it refreshes the soul.

L.H.

I am pretty much obsessed with music...

so one thing that halps me (And I am sure you hear it a lot),

is getting a hymn stuck in my head.

Everytime someone sayd or does something foun at school,

I (this weeks hymn) think of "The Spirit of God Like a Fire is Burning"..(I love that line)...

Maybe you can find something you love about the church, and keep the spirit with that. :D Like a poem or something to carry around (I do that to! I LOVE "Footprints in the sand", the short story!)

Baloney!

What a bunch of hypersensitive, I'm-a-victim-of-somebody-else's-behavior-that-is-not-as-good-as-my-own tripe.

The ward clerk made a remark that you didn't like. BIG DEAL. Looking at your self-righteous, superficial rant, I can easily imagine that you make lots of comments that other people don't like. Grow a spine.

So some kids were acting like kids. Big deal. That's why they call em kids - cuz they act that way.

So who died and left you as Chief of Policing Sacrament Talks?

I like to talk about great historical figures and like to hear about them. Some one gets a wild hair that unless other members of the Church follow their particular prescription for learning and teaching the gospel, they those other members don't appreciate Christ like they appreciate Christ.

MALARKY!

Name one single member of the Church that worships Joseph Smith.

Go ahead. I'll wait.

Name one single member of the Church that 'loves, adores, and respects' Brigham Young and Gordon B. Hinckley the same as Heavenly Father.

Go on. I'm waiting.

You pretend to understand the private thoughts of others and ascribe motives to their behavior. That's a crock.

Thank you for showing your humbleness, compassion, and love of Christ to another human being let alone a church member. If I wanted comments like these, I would consulted an anti-Mormon.

I never said anything about "knowing the private thoughts of others", but actions speak volumes over words. Please continue to sit in the judgement chair over MY obervations and frustrations. I am so glad we have perfect church members like you to sit and condemn another person's thoughts.

What if I were to give you names? Would you like their addresses as well, so you can go to them and say, " I read this on the Internet about you, it is true?"

I sure love being belittled and berated by someone who has NEVER met me, doesn't know my situation, and really doesn't care about my spiritual well-being, but putting me in place is the right thing to do!

At least to my credit, I never slammed anyone to their "face" in the church whether in person or online.

So, again thank you for a spiritual beating. I hope you feel better because you got to tell me how wrong I am !

Okay..

In my opinion...

This is becomming a HUGE problem.

Someone makes a post, someone else responds..

and people flip out!

Someone would say, "don't judge me, you ######"

and that is another judgment!!!

I think people have to be VERY CAREFUL what they type..

because people are rather hypicritical when they are defensive.

It is my weakness to, to get upset about what someone may post...

but it has to stop somewhere!

Can we please have a productive conversation, and stop posting ANYTHING that could be taken as offensive.

You never know who gets hurt on the other end...

And it is sad to see church members argue... :(

Please no one take offence to this post...

I just REALLY want people to get along here..

Thank you for showing your humbleness, compassion, and love of Christ to another human being let alone a church member.

I get it - sarcasm. Right?

If I wanted comments like these, I would consulted an anti-Mormon.

Oh. It never dawned on you that a Mormon wouldn't appreciate self-righteous judgementality?

Right.

I never said anything about "knowing the private thoughts of others", but actions speak volumes over words.

Bull. You stated very plainly that Mormons that speak in Church in a way that doesn't meet your approval were worshipping, adoring, loving and respecting men on the same level of God. You pretend to understand their motivation and the significance of their behaviors.

Please continue to sit in the judgement chair over MY obervations and frustrations. I am so glad we have perfect church members like you to sit and condemn another person's thoughts.

More sarcasm. It's a nice touch. Your claim that I think I am perfect is just fluff and chaff. I'm not perfect, nor do I mind judgmentality. It your holier-than-the-members-of-your-ward mentality that is so off-putting.

What if I were to give you names? Would you like their addresses as well, so you can go to them and say, " I read this on the Internet about you, it is true?"

Huh?

I don't doubt that if we asked anyone you named what their thoughts and intents were, it would be significantly different than what you attributed to them.

I sure love being belittled and berated by someone who has NEVER met me, doesn't know my situation, and really doesn't care about my spiritual well-being, but putting me in place is the right thing to do!

I bet you don't. I bet your just addicted to sarcasm.

At least to my credit, I never slammed anyone to their "face" in the church whether in person or online.

Then that's the difference between you and me. You talk behind people's back about them and I talk to them about what I think of them.

So, again thank you for a spiritual beating. I hope you feel better because you got to tell me how wrong I am !

Try dropping the self-righteous victim act and I bet become an interesting poster. I'm looking forward to it.

I think this post needs to be closed, why you insist on dragging this gal threw the mud is beyond me, those were her oppions ............we all have them, I saw nothing wrong with the original post that started this thread,

Ya'll need to grow up!

So you dumping on us is okay but us not liking someone else dumping is bad.

How about this. These are OUR opinions. Grow up.

<div class='quotemain'>

I think this post needs to be closed, why you insist on dragging this gal threw the mud is beyond me, those were her oppions ............we all have them, I saw nothing wrong with the original post that started this thread,

Ya'll need to grow up!

HUH? :dontknow:

i am in an 8 track world and you just changed the track!

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Ya'll need to grow up!

No. You just chastised us for chastiing someone else who was 'just expressing their opinion' but that's just what we were doing - expressing our opinion. Moreover you called us immature for being judgemental but you yourself were equally judgmental of us. You should take your own advice on not read what you don't like.

That's all.

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Ya'll need to grow up!

No. You just chastised us for chastiing someone else who was 'just expressing their opinion' but that's just what we were doing - expressing our opinion. Moreover you called us immature for being judgemental but you yourself were equally judgmental of us. You should take your own advice on not read what you don't like.

That's all.

Ok i see your point, maybe i should have stated what i ment in a different way, I am going by the post that started this thread, and i just feel it is getting outta hand,

Just wanting to keep peace snow thats all :P

Ok i see your point, maybe i should have stated what i ment in a different way, I am going by the post that started this thread, and i just feel it is getting outta hand,

Just wanting to keep peace snow thats all :P

I don't think that it's outta hand... a bit rough for the original poster, but in large measure, posters invite - through their attitudes - the kind of responses they get. Overall he seems like a farily balanced guy so it should work out alright. I don't think he is bad or immoral or nuts - just a little judgemental. Being judgemental myself, I easily see it in others ;)