General Conference

Guest just_jason76

Guest just_jason76

I love General Conference. I admit, I do enjoy having a Sunday "off", but that's not the main reason. I love spending 2 days listening to our prophet and apostles instruct us. I get so much from their talks. There is always 1 or 5 talks that mean a lot to me and that I get much from.

I love the priesthood session the most I think. I always love hearing how I can become a better priesthood holder and patriarch. Not only that, but my dad takes my brothers and I out for dinner afterwards.

What are your feelings or experiences with General Conference?

I also love General Conference. I always find exactly what it is that I need right then in my life. I must admit that I don't get to absorb (sp?) myself into it as much as I would like having young children and all. I also love the Ensign, it also always has at least one article that I need. I call it my fortune cookie. anyway, back to general conf. I tried something last time that I am going to do again this time, it was really neat. I picked 3 very important issues in my life at that imeadiate moment that i needed help with, and then I got three sheets of paper, at the top I wrote my question for the Lord, or the issue I needed answers for (one on each page). I earnestly prayed before each session, and even fasted on Sunday. I prayed very specificly about each issue and asked to hear the answers I needed. then as I heard relevent things I took notes (on the page for that issue obviously). I also wrote down all impressions and relveltaions that I got as they came. IT WAS AWESOME. I got more specific personal revelation than I think has ever come from a church meeting. I still read over those notes when I get discouraged about the issues. Anyway, just my thoughts on it.

I do have a question, less spiritual, more curious. my husband and i were trying to figure out how general conf. works with the international date line. if we in the usa watch live on sat and sun (slight time difference), when do they watch it on the other side of the world? fri and sat? sun and mon? delayed? anyway, i hope that question makes since. :) maybe someone here knows.?

ALmom

Guest just_jason76

That's a great idea! I might have to try something like that. We're fortunate enough to have DVR with our cable, so I record every session and the stuff in between sessions. I can watch it later that night after the kids are asleep and catch up on what I might have missed.

As for your question, I think most people in the eastern hemisphere have to watch it taped, unless they choose to listen to it live on the internet. I don't think there is a direct sattelite feed, as most would have to watch it in the wee hours of the morning.

<div class='quotemain'>

I would love to go to conference but it's a bit far to travel :(

Maybe you could answer the question. Do you have to watch conference taped, or do you get to see it live?

I've got the last three on DVD, so no I don't get to watch them live. I have no idea what the time difference between the UK and Utah is.

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

I would love to go to conference but it's a bit far to travel :(

Maybe you could answer the question. Do you have to watch conference taped, or do you get to see it live?

I've got the last three on DVD, so no I don't get to watch them live. I have no idea what the time difference between the UK and Utah is.

Just a guess....but I think its 7hrs.....while in England on my mission back when dinosaurs were on the earth the members in England would watch General Conf on Tape a few months later.

You all are laying the guilt on me, without even trying. It may only be a couple of miles to the conference center, for me, but there are only so many ticket's. So in the thirty years that I have lived in the state of Utah, I have only been to conference once.

I am a wierd duck :blush: . I like conference ensign's more than conference :dontknow: . Thats just how I am. A.

What are your feelings or experiences with General Conference?

Back in the day when I could watch the Conference on TV (or could actually hear it on my computer) I was in awe when I sat and watched the prophet talk. And there would always be a talk from someone who should have had my name on the top of thier talk that said "Listen up LINDY, this talk pertains to YOUR life" I always get something out of it..... but than again....I think that is what the talks are for ;)