National Family Day

StrawberryFields

<div class='quotemain'>

Did you know that there is a National Family Day?

http://www.casafamilyday.org/

I checked it out and it shows you that there is a real concern and fear of the declining guidance offered by the family to its children.

Maybe all families would benefit from a type of Family Home Evening as well. :)

What I thought was also interesting is that they thought having dinner as a family was one of the things that would really help. I can honestly say that I wished we would sit down and eat as a family more then a few times a week.

Did you know that there is a National Family Day?

http://www.casafamilyday.org/

we celebrated it and didnt even know it, lol...we went out to eat as a family with my grandpa who came to visit that day. and though its hard in my family with my dad being gone alot...we try to have brakefast and dinner together as a family its nice we can then talk about our days and we laugh and joke together its nice

When I was growing up we always had dinner together at 5:30 pm. My dads schedule was always the same. He left for work the same time each day, came home for lunch, and was home at 5 with dinner at 5:30.

When I got married my hubby worked a lot of overtime into the night. When he switched to days we had dinner together. When my children were babies, dinner was always a time they would get restless and I am told they could sense my nervousness of getting dinner ready. :hmmm: We ate dinner together until about 10 years ago when my hubby started traveling about an hour each way to work and my kids were busy with friends and sports. I also became spoiled in the past few years because after I would make dinner and no one but me and hubby would eat here he said lets just go out to dinner.

I think they have a good point about making dinner something to enjoy together. When we are together I think I will try to make it an occasion more often. :)

Wish me Luck!

Why not? I see him every day. There is never anything new to say.

thats so sad...i love talking to my dad i take alot of my problems to him, he's not good with the crying part so i usually go to my mom for that, last night though he did pretty well (mom was busy) i love talking to my parents to me they r supper herros they can do anything, lol

I think that's sad too. I understand at your age there is a desire for more independence but it's still sad. "Nothing new to say" is a funny response/reason. Do you run out of "new things" to talk about with your friends? New things to discuss on this site? The material that you cover on LDS Talk is not something new to talk to him about? Is talking about "new things" the only value to eating dinner with your father?

Dr. T

well to come to the defence of those who dont eat family dinner together (me being one) There are other ways that families can spend time together and appreciate each other. I mean personally for us family dinner isnt really a big thing, and for us the only time we really sit together as a family is during holidays, and we live in the same house. But there are many other times we spend together although as most people do find the older you get the more you start to drift away a little and start beginning your own lives.

A few weeks ago I had my family together and was visiting across the table from my oldest son who is married and don't see very often. It became clear that I was in his way of the big screen TV. I walked over and turned it off. :D