Problem Of Pain

Dr T

At the same time that Nick was in the hospital my hubby got sent to the ER with what they thought was a bleeding ulcer. They needed to stick a tube through his nose and into his stomach. Some of the staff had some to know us in the ER and when they saw us in there with my hubby having this tube shoved up through his nose into his stomach they said that many people do a lot of complaining about the pain which this causes. My hubby said, I have seen my own son in much worse of a condition then this and he didn't complain...this I can handle.

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

(2) "God's ways are higher than our ways" - There is a hidden, beneficial reason for evil.

I feel this is illogical because it just clearly is. What possible benefit could come from some horrible event? And isn't there a more humane way the goal could be reached?

I disagree with this because the bad things that happened in my life helped me realize how much I need the gospel.

I'm not saying good can't come out of bad things...but can't you think of a better way you might "realize how much you need the gospel?"

Josh B)

Cinsidering the way I was.... no.

I definitly needed something dramatic to happen.

Anything less would have been forgotten.

How about an angel appering to you?

and what about all the other evil in the world? How can evil be good? It's an oxymoron.

Josh B)

Evil is not good, but it can still help to know it to know how good good is.

The fruit gave us knowledge of both good and evil.

It all came from one, the same, tree.

How about an angel appering to you?

and what about all the other evil in the world? How can evil be good? It's an oxymoron.

Josh B)

An angel? I was really sick often before I joined the church because... I wouldn't make very good decisions... so "seeing things" would not have helped the situation.

Also, when bad things happen, we get stronger. With no sorrow, there is no joy.