Does your ward actually do the Varsity and/or Venturing Programs?

Does your Scout program include the actual Venturing and/or Varsity programs?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Does your Scout program include the actual Venturing and/or Varsity programs?

• My ward doesn't bother with them/uses them as a way of organizing the Priesthood.
    • We run both as separate programs from Boy Scouting.
    • We run Venturing
    • We run Varsity
    • I'm not sure.
    • My ward was avoided Scouting altogether.

Some volunteer asked us this today, if most wards that had Varsity teams and Venturing crews actually ran those programs or if they just ran regular Scouting in them and considered them simply a way to organize the priesthood.

In my view, it's about 50/50.

I don't know if I'll vote or not, but my ward doesn't have any scouting program (although they're trying to build it for two boys now)

I don't know if I'll vote or not, but my ward doesn't have any scouting program (although they're trying to build it for two boys now)

I laugh because I have to wonder if it's better to make a unit from two boys (technically doable) or throw them into some huge stake megaunit. The latter, in my line of work, is obnoxious.

I laugh because I have to wonder if it's better to make a unit from two boys (technically doable) or throw them into some huge stake megaunit. The latter, in my line of work, is obnoxious.

I think it's better to put them in a local community troop where the program might actually be run like a scout program. But that's just me.

Some volunteer asked us this today, if most wards that had Varsity teams and Venturing crews actually ran those programs or if they just ran regular Scouting in them and considered them simply a way to organize the priesthood.

In my view, it's about 50/50.

Short answer, yes we run both.

Slightly longer answer, we don't do either one very well.

-RM