Where is Corehandal?

Hala401

If I remember correctly this knowlege about Thomas is recently discovered by the West; in the last 20 years. I personally don't place a lot of credence in the organisers of the NT because they did the council of Nicea after the great apostacy began, and I think they excluded books that should have been there. It is not actually a belief for me; rather more of a suspicion.

Were Joseph Smith alive today, I wonder how he would have dealt with books like the Book of Nicodemus, the Book of Mary, and other "Non-Canonical" Writings.

Please keep in mind that I am very correctable, and I am an amateur biblical history researcher, so I know that some of my conclusions may not be correct.

If I remember correctly this knowlege about Thomas is recently discovered by the West; in the last 20 years. I personally don't place a lot of credence in the organisers of the NT because they did the council of Nicea after the great apostacy began, and I think they excluded books that should have been there. It is not actually a belief for me; rather more of a suspicion.

Were Joseph Smith alive today, I wonder how he would have dealt with books like the Book of Nicodemus, the Book of Mary, and other "Non-Canonical" Writings.

Please keep in mind that I am very correctable, and I am an amateur biblical history researcher, so I know that some of my conclusions may not be correct.

huh?

You believe that "organizers" of the New Testament "did" the Council of Nicaea?

huh?

OK, don't yell at me please?

So, in evangelical land, it was generally thought that the Bible was cannonized at the council of Nicea. Recently, I was watching a video, could have been an LDS video, and found out that the Bible in its entirety did not exist until Wycliff translated it into English.

So, I am still sorting through all this, and may have made some mistakes in my conclusions.

huh?

Now Snow, be nice. She admits to being an amateur and is looking into some understanding of this.

This is where you can put your knowledge to good use and help her out. So let's be nice.

It wouldn't surprise me if the results would be similar to how things went down when he asked about OT Apocrypha (Doctrine and Covenants 91*). Though I suppose we don't actually know.

OK, don't yell at me please?

He didn't yell at you. Yelling would, in internet circles, involve bolding, all caps, or excessively large fonts.

Edited by Dravin

Recently, I was watching a video, could have been an LDS video, and found out that the Bible in its entirety did not exist until Wycliff translated it into English.

Well . . . the English Bible, maybe (my memory is hazy); but Jerome had come out with the Vulgate (the Latin translation of the Bible used by the Catholic Church for centuries) by the end of the fourth century AD.

If you have an LDS edition of the King James Bible, check out the Bible Dictionary entries on "Bible" and "Bible, English".