What Save's Your Day ?

Laureltree

I suppose scriptures can help me when I am feeling down or angry. Sometimes I don't even have to read them, just holding them in my hands can be enough.

But I have many other non religious things that get me through my day as well. Settling down and watching the Detroit Pistons go to work helps me to completely forget my problems as I get lost in the game.

I have a lot of wonderful things and people in my life, but i have been pretty low before. i went through a time of depression, everything in my life was falling apart, the responsibilities put upon me seemed to great, i lost all desire to fulfill my callings, or go to church even, i truely felt forsaken. but i continued doing what i knew i should, and there were talks and articles given at the right time to barely keep me going through the motions. then after a saturday night of sitting on my bed in the wee hours of the morning sobbing and telling the lord how horrible things were and asking why he had forsaken me, i went to my sunday meetings, not wanting to be there, they sang a song. i had to leave so as not to loose it in front of everyone. nothing has ever resonated so solidly in my heart, so now when things are hard i read that same song, especially the last verse. hymn 270 i know it is typicaly sang as a missionary hymn, and pardon the informal typing, but you did say specific lol :)

1. it may not be on the mountain height or over the stormy sea,

it may not be at the battle's front my lord will have need of me.

but if by a still small voice he calls to paths i do not know

i'll answer dear lord with my hand in thine

i'll go where you want me to go.

2. perhaps today there are loving words which jesus would have me speak

there may be now in the paths of sin some wanderer whom i should seek

o savior if thou wilt be my guide tho dark and rugged the way

my voice shall echo the message sweet

i'll say what you want me to say

3. there's surely somewhere a lowly place in earth's harvest fields so wide

where i may labor through life's short day for jesus the crucified

so trusting my all to thy tender care and knowing thou lovest me

i'll do thy will with a heart sincere

I'll be what you want me to be

chorus

I'll go where you want me to go dear lord

over mountain or plain or sea

i'll say what you want me to say dear lord

i'll be what you want me to be

My kids bought me the new DVD and CD sets 'Lover of Life, Singer of Songs' The very best of Freddie Mercury songs and videos, with his life story DVD too...wonderful gifts...I've been busy on the pc all day today and have listened to the 2 CDs, fantastic!!! :) The life story DVD is very touching too.

When everything is falling apart and your day is at it's worst, what helps pull you through, I know some say hymns, some say scriptures...but be specific........

I know those days. I hate those days and am glad that they are rare. I wish I could say it was God and prayer. However, prayer is what I do in the moments of despair. What anchors my sanity is thinking about my daughters smile and my wife's eyes. The people that need me and love me most and the people that need me sane most become my stabilizer in a symbiotic relationship.

<div class='quotemain'>

When everything is falling apart and your day is at it's worst, what helps pull you through, I know some say hymns, some say scriptures...but be specific........

I know those days. I hate those days and am glad that they are rare. I wish I could say it was God and prayer. However, prayer is what I do in the moments of despair. What anchors my sanity is thinking about my daughters smile and my wife's eyes. The people that need me and love me most and the people that need me sane most become my stabilizer in a symbiotic relationship.

I've missed your posts, Capt Tux. It's good to see you back... unless you've been here and I haven't been paying attn!