Ex CIA says Al-Quieda does not exist.

Hala401

This is pretty common faire in Middle Eastern News agencies, and I am just curious about how Mormons will respond to what this man is saying.

Saudi Arabia: CIA Agent Exposes How Al-Qaeda Doesn?t Exist American Bedu

whatever neame they choose, the individuals who were involved in the 9-11 attacks were very real, and there are still those within their circle of influence that are still alive and kicking who wish to wage war upon the US by whatever means they see fit to use, regardless of cost or who is hurt.

whatever neame they choose, the individuals who were involved in the 9-11 attacks were very real, and there are still those within their circle of influence that are still alive and kicking who wish to wage war upon the US by whatever means they see fit to use, regardless of cost or who is hurt.

The West, specifically the Military/Industrial complex created the conditions that made the terrorists think that an attack on the West was their only option. It is not about religion at all, but about evil men taking advantage of the poor, and the evil leaders are both in the West and in the Middle East.

One of my friends, who says she converted to Islam because of me, said that when she married her husband and moved to Jordan, she was in for the surprise of her life. After being there a while, she said the most devout Muslims are in the US, because in the US, there is choice and only those who wish to be Muslim do it. She says that in Jordan, and many other places in the Middle East, people have no choice; they must be Muslim or else.

Many people in the Middle East become violent out of pure economic desparation, not for religous purposes, and to say other wise is simplistic.

Western news media simplistically portrays Middle Easterners as being hostile for no good reason. I think that of all people Mormons should be most up on world politics and the attitudes of the people outside the US, because we have people all over the place.

I know that we are supposed to obey those over us, but sometimes I am dumfounded at how people like the Mormons who have been systematically deprived of first ammendment rights right from the beginning could be so committed to certain individuals in our government.

The West, specifically the Military/Industrial complex created the conditions that made the terrorists think that an attack on the West was their only option. It is not about religion at all, but about evil men taking advantage of the poor, and the evil leaders are both in the West and in the Middle East.

that too, is an oversimplification. Things were complex in the east long before any power from the west stepped in or even the british came along... I'd wager you could trace the "causes" to the far past and beyond.

One of my friends, who says she converted to Islam because of me, said that when she married her husband and moved to Jordan, she was in for the surprise of her life. After being there a while, she said the most devout Muslims are in the US, because in the US, there is choice and only those who wish to be Muslim do it. She says that in Jordan, and many other places in the Middle East, people have no choice; they must be Muslim or else.

much of the same could be said for jewish tradition and law over in israel. And I agree.

Religion is a tool, when used properly it is a great thing, however when someone hungers for power or influence, it all to unfortunate that they see it easier to accomplish that through the use of religion than by other means.

Many people in the Middle East become violent out of pure economic desparation, not for religous purposes, and to say other wise is simplistic.

I don't consider terrorists to be religious, and I consider most of the violence that happens in the name of religion to be instigated by hypocrites and abusers of the religion.

Western news media simplistically portrays Middle Easterners as being hostile for no good reason. I think that of all people Mormons should be most up on world politics and the attitudes of the people outside the US, because we have people all over the place

Rarely does anyone do something without reason, but rarely do i find the reasons falling under what I would consider good or reasonable.

I know that we are supposed to obey those over us, but sometimes I am dumfounded at how people like the Mormons who have been systematically deprived of first ammendment rights right from the beginning could be so committed to certain individuals in our government.

THe US government is still our best bet in the world. I believe there is good reason God had us submit to it's law rather than have us do as ancient Israel did. As to an individual's personal preference for who to support in the government is up to them, and for whatever reasons. I do know that you don't have to go very far in most LDS circles to find difference of opinion in regards of who or what in politics.

Western news media simplistically portrays Middle Easterners as being hostile for no good reason. I think that of all people Mormons should be most up on world politics and the attitudes of the people outside the US, because we have people all over the place.

Just as many “Christians” in history have been willing to go to war and oppress others because of religious convictions or lack of them - so has Islam developed factions of opposition. In general the Shi’a and Sunni have been at odds and even war within Islam since the death of Mohammed and the differ opinion in his successor.

One may argue - as you have - that western culture has an oppressive nature that can only be opposed by war. But I would point you to two points of history. One is that there are branches of Christianity (and Islam as well) that are not charged with the propensity of war. The second notion is the conflict between Islam and Buddhism. Buddhism historically being the most benign religion on the planate. I would submit that any religion that cannot get along with Buddhism - cannot get along with anybody - including among themselves should a differing opinion surface.

I would also submit that the control of water in the Middle East is of greater conflict than petroleum or the control of religious ideology - and has been since pre-historic time.

The Traveler

The idea that water rights in the Middle East is the cause of conflict is something I have never heard of before, though I do not doubt it at all. Perhaps that is part of the missing information that I seek.

I can certainly see people in conflict over the water in the Sea of Galilee. And, surprisingly there is a lot of farming in Syria, a place I thought was mostly desert.

Black March:

Oh, make no mistake, I am a patriotic American. I just have a bit of truck with certain individuals in our government both present and past.

AND, I increasingly see people as citizens of the world because now more than ever before, actions in a country half the world away can affect people right here. Sometimes I fear that there is nothing special about humans at all, rather we are just loathesome predators.

Black March:

Oh, make no mistake, I am a patriotic American. I just have a bit of truck with certain individuals in our government both present and past.

I don't blame you one bit. I have quite a few issues with some as well. Nor does such make me see you any less an american. It is a great freedom to be able to disagree with leaders without reprisal or punishment.

AND, I increasingly see people as citizens of the world because now more than ever before, actions in a country half the world away can affect people right here.

indeed. This is true.

Sometimes I fear that there is nothing special about humans at all, rather we are just loathesome predators.

We are only loathesome when we decide to choose to voluntarily immerse ourselves in such. Yet even then God sees worth in us to save us.

One of my biggest pet peeves is the perpetuated idea that humanity is a blight. I think the adversary wants us to think that for it is a despairing thought, as well as it helps remove the humanity out of humanity.