Buenos Aires Argentina temple rededication announced

pam

Buenos Aires Argentina Temple Open House, Cultural Celebration, and Rededication Dates Announced - Church News and Events

The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has announced the open house, cultural celebration, and rededication dates for the Buenos Aires Argentina Temple.

Closed on November 1, 2009, to complete necessary expansion and remodeling work, the temple will be open to the public for tours from Saturday, August 4, 2012, through Saturday, August 25, 2012, excluding Sundays.

This confused me at first. It was being built when I was there on my mission. I had one of those momentary senior moments where I thought, "Wait a minute, wasn't it dedicated a long time ago?" I can't believe it's been around long enough to need remodeling. I couldn't possibly be that old.

I thought the same thing about the San Diego temple when they announced they would be doing some renovation work. I thought it's not old enough to need work. Then I remembered. I went through the open house in 1993. Hard to believe it's been almost 20 years.