Life is So Fragile: Hug Your Loved Ones

Anddenex

Over the weekend, we had the wonderful visit from a family friend who used to be our neighbors. Our children were the best of friends, and so when they stop by they make sure they visit us for their children.

We talked, we laughed, and had great conversation. Yesterday, we received word, our dear friend was received into paradise. Within 24 hours the disease of bacterial meningitis claimed her life, leaving behind her husband, and three beautiful and wonderful children. Her husband was just flying home when he received the news, and was not there at her passing. I can only assume the grief in his heart.

Life is so fragile, give your loved ones a hug and tell them you love them. You never know when we will be called back to the God who gave us life.

One of my biggest regrets is not hugging my 19 year old daughter good-bye, or even getting the chance to say good bye to her before she left on a short vacation with her girl friend. I was working evenings, and didn't see her before she left. She didn't make it back home. Her girl friend fell asleep at the wheel, drifted off the road, then over corrected, and the car rolled several times. My daughter did not survive. I don't know why it bothers me so much to not have been able to say "good-bye", give her a hug, and tell her "I love you" before she left. Now, I always tell everyone I care about "I love you". "Be careful". And give lots of hugs.