Donny's Coming Home!

Latter Days Guy

Donny Osmond is coming home to Wales next year and is holding his only UK concert there in 2007. Are any of the UK posters of LDS Talk going along to the concert? My wife and I are going and are really looking forward to it! She's not LDS (yet!) and complained about going to see him last year until she went to the concert and now she's a Donny fan! If any posters are going, maybe we could have a LDS Talk meet up before the concert!

I do not live in the UK but I am considering a visit there around the end of March. It will be my 25th Wedding Anniversary. :D I wanted to go to Italy but my hubby said he might want a more friendly place to visit. :o My dream destination has always been the UK. When will Donny be in concert there?

As a teenager I had posters all over my room and played his Albums. :D

I will never forget seeing him in concert ! I even had his face on my pillow case! :wub:

BTW, Why does the title of this thread say he is coming home. The Osmonds are from Utah.

The last time I saw Donny Osmond live was when he did Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat here in Edmonton, September 1993. My daughter and I went, she was five at the time. We went back stage to get autographs, but Donny had a prior engagement and couldn't hang around. I was surprised at how short he is, he's about 5' 9". The singers/actors who played the Pharoah and Narrator stayed and we got their autographs. It was a great show! I also saw Donny perform here when our Northlands Coliseum (now it's called Rexall Place) was just built, July 1975. It was Klondike Days, I was 15 at the time. It was a good performance and the girls who were crazy about him then, were just that, crazy! I'm sure as they have gotten older they have matured. ;)

M.

I do not live in the UK but I am considering a visit there around the end of March. It will be my 25th Wedding Anniversary. :D I wanted to go to Italy but my hubby said he might want a more friendly place to visit. :o My dream destination has always been the UK. When will Donny be in concert there?

As a teenager I had posters all over my room and played his Albums. :D

I will never forget seeing him in concert ! I even had his face on my pillow case! :wub:

BTW, Why does the title of this thread say he is coming home. The Osmonds are from Utah.

Yes the Osmonds are from Utah now but they have traced their family history and discovered that they originally came from Wales, hence the Donny coming home title! See here for details.

The concert is on 30/06/07

And for a friendly place to visit I would go to Italy!

WHOOHOO!!! :::: SWOONS::: ***GASP*** FAINTS!!!

I saw Donny and Marie on tv a few months ago and Donny looks good for being a grandfather! Marie sells dolls on QVC from her doll factory.

Have a great time at the show!

:animatedthumbsup::bouncingclap::rockonsign:

Yes the Osmonds are from Utah now but they have traced their family history and discovered that they originally came from Wales, hence the Donny coming home title! See here for details.

I have traced my mothers ancestory back to England, Ireland, Wales, France, Scotland - to name just a few - yet I do not call any of them home. Home is where I - (Me, My, Myself and I) was born. USA. My England brick wall ends with Mary Holsworth born ? in England, whose son James Holsworth born 1213 in England is my direct ancestor.

BRAGGING here - I know Donny and Maries second cousin. She is the wife of the Branch President of the Waldport Branch in Oregon!! Wonderful woman. Liked her even before I knew she was linked to the Osmonds. Though her smile some what gave her away.

BRAGGING here - I know Donny and Maries second cousin. She is the wife of the Branch President of the Waldport Branch in Oregon!! Wonderful woman. Liked her even before I knew she was linked to the Osmonds. Though her smile some what gave her away.

My SIL's SIL, used to be Marie Osmond's nanny, many many years ago. ;)

M.