Questions about the Spirit World and beyond.

circusboy01

Only those who have not reached the age of accountability (8 years old and younger) are exempt from Satan's claim. All others are sinners. All sinners are claimed by Satan.

I am making a distinction between spirit prison (abode for wicked spirits) and the paradise (abode for righteous spirits) offered after death in the Spirit World before the resurrection. These are the only two choices available to those who die outside of Christ (meaning they were not baptized in the LDS church).

Prophets of the LDS church have spoken of these two abodes as a Spirit Prison since in both the spirits are waiting to be reunited with their bodies in the resurrection. And, as you have identified, they have also revealed that teaching is going on even to the wicked by the righteous.

But Satan claims the sinner as his own. They are the spirit children of the devil.

But Satan does not automatically claim them just because they first go to spirit prison. Please show me something that says Satan claims them immediately upon going there.

Plus you are making a blanket statement that spirit prison is for wicked spirits. That also is not true. Having not received the truth while on earth does not necessarily qualify someone to be called a wicked spirit.

Edited by pam

The statement "Satan claims them" is similar to the statement that Satan "Seals you his", and that only happens if your done for, judgement is over, and theres nothing you can do with your standing with God.

Look at Christs life in the Gospel books of the bible, especially Luke..

1. Christ is put on the cross next to two thieves. One probes him with taunts and temptations, the other pleads that Christ had mercy on him and mention his name to God. Christ say "on the morrow you will be with me in paradise" BARE IN MIND THIS DUDE WAS A THIEF AND IM SURE A MURDERER.

2. Christ returns to Mary and says "touch me not for I have not acended to my father in heaven"... So he didnt go to heaven..

3. the 2nd book of 2 peter talks of Christ "preaching to the spirits in prision" during the time he was gone from this world.If Satan "claimed" souls in the prison, namely this thief Christ just promised he would be with in paradise, Why did Christ go there to Teach to them after his death for three days? I hope Im not struck down for speaking for Him, but i highly doubt Christ would walk into the spirit prision just to tell them "Hey i just wanted to let you all know that for the next three days im going to be talking to you all about how youre all lost and claimed by Satan"... That seems like complete bogus doesnt it?...

The only conclusion is that they were not claimed, but rather in a position of change, meaning they could be redeemed.

before the dispute goes any farther, Can you provide exact scriptures that specifically say that "those who abide in the spirit world are claimed by satan"

This would solve all issues. if you wish for me to site all the scriptures i just used id be more than happy to and find ya more if you like

before the dispute goes any farther, Can you provide exact scriptures that specifically say that "those who abide in the spirit world are claimed by satan"

This would solve all issues. if you wish for me to site all the scriptures i just used id be more than happy to and find ya more if you like

I asked the same question just before you did. Let's see what we find out? :)

Yes, and since there was no mention of the paradise that is also part of the spirit world/prison, I spoke of it for the benefit of all.

I didn't mention Paradise, because the Spirit World is Paradise. When Jesus said to one of the other two men on crosses "Today you will be with me in Paradise" (paraphrase) He was talking about the spirit World.Brother Ray