Sealing cancelations and temple sealing

Hello everyone I am very new to this. I have been researching lover and over again about this whole temple divorce and sealing cancelation.i have recently just gotten married civilly . I would really appreciate some answers that I have been going over in my head and keep reading different things online. So my husband has 2 children from his first marriage he was sealed in with his ex wife. He's been divorced for 3 years already.come to find out a few days ago that he is still sealed to her after her stating that she had was in the process of a sealing cancelation due to the fact she was getting remarried a yr ago and had another child with her second husband who has two children of his own from his first marriage.i have been inactive for a few months but I'm getting back in due to the fact I want to be sealed to my husband but I am not baptized. And I also have a child from my past relationship (non-Mormon) and never married till now.i consider my husbands kids as my own because the mother had left them to move to another state to start her own family. But I also found out that She isn't sealed to her new husband an it has been a yr already so now she is getting a sealing cancelation. My question now is 1- will me an my husband be able to be sealed to his 2 kids and mine( his kids were BIC mine was not also my ex is nowhere to be found) 2- since she has another child with her new husband but she is still sealed to my husband does is her new child considered sealed to my husband as well? PLEASE HELP!

Your husband's two children are considered BIC and most likely cannot be sealed to you and your husband. The baby his ex-wife has had is also BIC because the sealing hasn't been cancelled.

However, the best place to get these questions answered is the Bishop.

I'm a little confused. Are you a member? If you've been inactive you won't need to be baptized. If you were excommunicated then you'll need to be rebaptized. If you're a convert you'll need to be baptized. I am a bit confused about your status from your post.

Your husband's two children are considered BIC and most likely cannot be sealed to you and your husband.

It does happen, though. My sister-in-law has three children from her first marriage, and they were all born in the covenant. She and her first husband divorced, she married my brother-in-law, and they had another child together. She was finally able to get her sealing cancelled, and she and my brother-in-law were sealed together. Eventually her ex-husband signed over (legally) his parental rights, and my brother-in-law was able to adopt the three children from her first marriage. After that, they all went to the temple to be sealed together. But it was a long process involving a lot of legalities. And drama. Oh, the drama.

1- will me an[d] my husband be able to be sealed to his 2 kids and mine (his kids were BIC mine was not also my ex is nowhere to be found)

Once you are baptized and sealed, then your child can be sealed to you and your husband, but his 2 kids are sealed to their parents (your husband and his ex-wife).

2- since she has another child with her new husband but she is still sealed to my husband does is her new child considered sealed to my husband as well?...

Yes, her child with her 2nd husband is really considered BIC because of the sealing between her and your husband. And I don’t know if that can be changed.

(Do others remember Vort’s sealing quiz, it has answers.)

M.

She got married through civil a yr ago and is now in the process of a sealing cancelation that she has with my husband for she can now be sealed to her husband. Does that mean her child will be sealed to her and her husband and no longer to mine? Since she had her child will still sealed to my husband? I had heard from a bishop that ones I'm sealed toy husband and my. Hold we are all automaticly sealed together in including his 2 kids but won't be able to be physically at the temple the day we get to be sealed

Jey, from what I understand, children who are born BIC, will always be sealed to their parents, even if a divorce happens. And a sealing cancellation will not effect the children connected with that previous sealing, it only cancels the sealing of the woman requesting it. Hopefully your bishop and/or SP can explain it more easily.

M.

Jey, from what I understand, children who are born BIC, will always be sealed to their parents, even if a divorce happens. And a sealing cancellation will not effect the children connected with that previous sealing, it only cancels the sealing of the woman requesting it. Hopefully your bishop and/or SP can explain it more easily.

M.

Generally this is probably true, but it's not absolute. See my post above.

Hello everyone I am very new to this. .... My question now is 1- will me an my husband be able to be sealed to his 2 kids and mine( his kids were BIC mine was not also my ex is nowhere to be found) 2- since she has another child with her new husband but she is still sealed to my husband does is her new child considered sealed to my husband as well? PLEASE HELP!

Bishops and counselors have access to Book 1 of the handbook which answers these questions. However to save some time:

1- Yes, if you petition the first presidency after all adoption and other legal paperwork is done or the children are over 21. Takes time though to do.

2- Yes, because sealed or Born in Covenat means the child has the right to eternal parentage but it doesn't necesarily mean that this child will be connected to your husband; worthyness and personal situations will determine who that child forms a family lineage with, and the Lord determines most of this in the next life.

Edited by Juan_P

• 8 months later...

I read all the stories here about how hard it is to get sealing clearances and cancellations and just wanted to add my 2 cents. I was divorced in Janaury 2011 after my husband of 20 years decided to leave me and the Church. I met a wonderful man on LDSPlanet (I know, I know but sometimes the internet dating thing really does work.) He was also recently divorced after his wife pulled the same act as my ex. We were married civilly in July 2011. We put our papers in in February of this year and the clearance and cancellation came back in 3 weeks. I thought it might take longer, as his ex wrote 3 seperate letters...1 to the Bishop, 1 to the Stake President and 1 to the Prophet...including allegations of abuse and that he tried to smother her...yes, she's nutjob. My ex never bothered to respond. I guess the word of our Bishop (who is my brother-in-law and knows us and our circumstances very well) and the Stake Pres held more water than a vindictive ex. We are getting sealed in 4 days!!

cancellation came back in 3 weeks.

Congrats. Mine took longer but that's because our SP said he has a personal policy of slowing down the process. I didn't pressure him but my bishop did regularly because he wanted to see us get sealed. Anyway, the SP finally called us in for an interview and finally sent in the papers, then it went pretty fast.

The sad thing is our bishop moved out of state about a week before we got sealed so he missed it.

PS - my SP gave an example of a couple that divorced and remarried themselves 5 times to each other. I told him I wouldn't bother dealing with such a couple myself. He said things like that gave him the policy of "not rushing".

Edited by garryw