Wicked Sadam Is Dead

shanstress70

Jason-I'm sorry but I can't believe what I'm hearing from you either. How would you have felt after living in terror under this man's rule for almost 30 years? Watching your loved ones, friends and country men innocently slain and tortured? Praying and hoping for deliverance only to see none. Feeling like you've been completely abandoned. Such as the hope they felt flee when we went to Iraq the 1st time and pulled out. Sorry but I can't help but see this as a blessed end for these people (our brothers and sisters) to be on the road of not having to live in fear every day of their life that this man might rise back into power again. They might actually able have the chance or their children may have a chance at some normalacy and peace. This man was cruel and heartless. There are countless numbers of people who have been forever scarred. Why can't they be allowed to heal without fear that this man will come back again to do more to them?

As far as the lets all be friends and love each other through all wickedness. I can't help but see from my readings something a little different. While that should be our first thought and first line of defense sometimes we do need to stand up for truth. Christ himself was very short against evildoers. There are examples in scriptures where men are killed or given the death penalty. Some that come to mind BOM-Laban for the plates, King Noah for his wickedness in burning Abinidi at the stake (A book that was supposedly brought about to be used for the last days). Whole cities were destroyed in the OT because of the wickedness therein. People do become ripe unto destruction, I believe as shown through these examples and countless others.

Sorry but I do believe that an act such as Sadams hanging can be used to bring about a far greater good-such as Labans, who died from his own sword I might add. This man Saddam was nothing but evil with no remorse. The extreme pain and torment he caused on people. He died by his own gallows. Why should his life be made greater than the victims? Where is the justice for them?

As far as the US not having a part Outshined, I believe you are right, because if in the US this man would still be alive 30 years from now waiting death or out on parole and about wreaking more havok because we all have to be friends now.

Why are the evildoers always given more compassion than the victims?

Jason-I'm sorry but I can't believe what I'm hearing from you either. How would you have felt after living in terror under this man's rule for almost 30 years? Watching your loved ones, friends and country men innocently slain and tortured? Praying and hoping for deliverance only to see none. Feeling like you've been completely abandoned. Such as the hope they felt flee when we went to Iraq the 1st time and pulled out. Sorry but I can't help but see this as a blessed end for these people (our brothers and sisters) to be on the road of not having to live in fear every day of their life that this man might rise back into power again. They might actually able have the chance or their children may have a chance at some normalacy and peace. This man was cruel and heartless. There are countless numbers of people who have been forever scarred. Why can't they be allowed to heal without fear that this man will come back again to do more to them?

As far as the lets all be friends and love each other through all wickedness. I can't help but see from my readings something a little different. While that should be our first thought and first line of defense sometimes we do need to stand up for truth. Christ himself was very short against evildoers. There are examples in scriptures where men are killed or given the death penalty. Some that come to mind BOM-Laban for the plates, King Noah for his wickedness in burning Abinidi at the stake (A book that was supposedly brought about to be used for the last days). Whole cities were destroyed in the OT because of the wickedness therein. People do become ripe unto destruction, I believe as shown through these examples and countless others.

Sorry but I do believe that an act such as Sadams hanging can be used to bring about a far greater good-such as Labans, who died from his own sword I might add. This man Saddam was nothing but evil with no remorse. The extreme pain and torment he caused on people. He died by his own gallows. Why should his life be made greater than the victims? Where is the justice for them?

As far as the US not having a part Outshined, I believe you are right, because if in the US this man would still be alive 30 years from now waiting death or out on parole and about wreaking more havok because we all have to be friends now.

Why are the evildoers always given more compassion than the victims?

I think the real danger lies in that someone worse who is more ruthless will come to power because of this. I mean lets not forget what happened in germany after the first world war, it was because of the chaos and destroyed germany that hitlar came to power. Plus one cant really say that the USA has not had an influence on whats goin with the trial and with the leaders of iraq right now. I mean was it not the USA who supplied weapons to Iraq during the IRaqi and IRan war durign the reagon administration in the 80's? (if someone knows this for sure then please comment because im not to familiar with that since i wasnt even 5 when that occured)

In any case i really think we should consintrate more or IRan since that seems to be where the psycho path leader is. and if the USA pulls out before there seems to be an Iraq that can defend itself u can be sure that Iran will swoop in and we will have a bigger problem on our hands. Anyone agree?

[

I think the real danger lies in that someone worse who is more ruthless will come to power because of this. I mean lets not forget what happened in germany after the first world war, it was because of the chaos and destroyed germany that hitlar came to power. Plus one cant really say that the USA has not had an influence on whats goin with the trial and with the leaders of iraq right now. I mean was it not the USA who supplied weapons to Iraq during the IRaqi and IRan war durign the reagon administration in the 80's? (if someone knows this for sure then please comment because im not to familiar with that since i wasnt even 5 when that occured)
You've brought up some good points. You're right there is no quarantee. I think of abuse victim tendancies. Many times, unfortunately the pattern continues. People sometimes leave someone bad only to go to another bad person. So the Iraqis may find someone to follow that is just as bad if not worse. On the other hand as long as these people are under fear that he may rise up again (as he has before) and have no hope at all it is almost a guarantee that nothing will ever change. The Iraqi people need to stand up if the country is to have hope. As far as helping out Sadamm. As far as I know you are right we helped Saddam and Osama for that matter.

In any case i really think we should consintrate more or IRan since that seems to be where the psycho path leader is. and if the USA pulls out before there seems to be an Iraq that can defend itself u can be sure that Iran will swoop in and we will have a bigger problem on our hands. Anyone agree?

Iran is a whole nother ball game as well as North Korea (although North Korea will probably be taken care of by its neighbors).

I agree too that we should not just pull out right away from Iraq. I'm totally against that until things are more under control. If we do, you're right another dictator may just walk in. Also the sacrifices of the many soldiers and civilians lives will be in vain

I just saw the video on the internet (looks as if it is filmed on a cell phone) and indeed it is a bit uncomfortable. But then I remembered the tortures he put people through (like punishing an opponent buy kidnapping a child of the person and cutting the little child's arms off) or his son's iron maiden he had in his recreation hall (and not for decoration either). Then let us not forget it's Sunni extremists (many loyal to Saddam) that have kidnapped hundreds of people (Shia Iraqi police, Nepalese workers, Americans, etc) and videotaped their heads being sliced off so they could use the videos on the internet to recruit young Muslim men across the Middle East and Europe to wage war on the infidels. Sorry, Saddam earned every thread in that rope he dangled on (I will note however, that hangings in the USA involve a knot that snaps the neck instantly but that's not used in the Middle East -- just a warning for those curious to see the full video).

<div class='quotemain'>

But do you think it might affect the US or its allies negatively in the long run? I can't help but wonder if it will be turned around and the reason for his hanging (his evilness ) be forgotton or twisted.

No; the Iraqis tried and convicted him, and the Iraqis executed him. The news is saying there weren't even any American witnesses allowed.

Well so much for trusting the news outlet that said that. My American news reporter friend was there and wittnessit it. He said he was so close he could hear SH neck snap. As soon as it was over he hopped a plane back home and was in church this morning. He didn't really want to talk about it much because he hadn't turned in his full and complete report on it

Well so much for trusting the news outlet that said that. My American news reporter friend was there and wittnessit it. He said he was so close he could hear SH neck snap. As soon as it was over he hopped a plane back home and was in church this morning. He didn't really want to talk about it much because he hadn't turned in his full and complete report on it

From http://www.voanews.com/english/2006-12-30-voa24.cfm

Iraqi National Security Advisor Moaffaq al-Rubaie, who witnessed the execution, said it was handled completely by the Iraqis, and no American witnesses were present.

<div class='quotemain'>

From http://www.voanews.com/english/2006-12-30-voa24.cfm

Iraqi National Security Advisor Moaffaq al-Rubaie, who witnessed the execution, said it was handled completely by the Iraqis, and no American witnesses were present.

I can garentee you that -----is a play on words. He was not there as a wittness--------he was there as a reporter.

It was reported like that to keep US invovment completly out of it--------------My friend was there

<div class='quotemain'>being it NBC should have sent up big red flags!

No kidding; right on par with the rest of their Iraq coverage...

You are 1000% right. the american people have absolutly no idea of the truth of Iraq. People like you help get it out----thanks for that

You know, this was a man that had done horrible things and I agree with him being executed. But turning it into a public spectacle and it being viewed over and over in news reals is just acceptable, and there is no need for it. I undertstand some of these people wanting to be sure he was dead, but there were plenty of witnesses to testify to that and we are in a sense doing exactly what we were told all along would be done and turning him into a martyr instead of the villian that he was. And now the news is talking about the images that were captured on the cell phone and how he was called names and harrassed by the guards etc., and that just makes him even more so. As far as I am concerned, this deserved no more attention than being mentioned that it had been done and that is it. especially in this country. Let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't make him a hero. He is anything but and the more we talk about him and what he went through at his execution, the more of a hero we make him!!!!!!!!!!

It was reported on the BBC news that he was showing sighs of senility some years back and was only hauled out for show in the last few years. It started when he began handing over his office to his two sons.

They said it showed he was not in power / right mind because his sons did not have the experience to handle the US invasion. If he had been right in the head, the US would have had much more resistance.

I have spoken to friends who have served over in Afghanistan and Iraq that is how the justice system works over there. No long drawn out appeal system. Harsh and unforgiving, but that is it.

If he was showing sighs of senility I think hanging someone who is not in their right mind is wrong. I think capital punishment in general is wrong.

It shows what kind of people we are that we would dance for joy at the death of anyone.

Yes he was the worst kind of man there can be but are we Christ like or do we find joy in the barbaric execution.

You know, I hear suggestions about how Iraq should be handled, and it usually isn't realistic. I hear "get our troops out now" and "bomb the whole place flat", but that's frustration talking.

I think maybe the system they had before Saddam may be what they end up with. They had Iraq split into tribal states; the Sunni, the Shiites, the Kurds all had their own territory, with a central governing body functioning for the country itself. Apparently they can't mingle without killing each other, so maybe they should consider reestablishing the tribal states. :hmmm:

Just a thought.

Afterthought: I am hearing that northern Iraq is quite different now, very peaceful for the first time in decades now that there is no one trying to kill them. The Kurds like to be left alone, and I hear they are rebuilding their culture quite nicely.

<div class='quotemain'>

Roman, would you mind sharing your friend's article with us when it's published? I'm very interested to read it.

He does radio, but I will see

Not to keep harping on this, but I am having a hard time believing that this guy you're talking about was present. From CNN:

The execution took place outside the heavily fortified Green Zone, Rubaie said, and no Americans were present.

"It was an Iraqi operation from A to Z," he said. "The Americans were not present during the hour of the execution. They weren't even in the building."

He added that "there were no Shiite or Sunni clerics present, only the witnesses and those who carried out the actual execution were present."

Seems like there were only a handful of people there, and I'm wondering why a small-time American radio reporter was there. Is it possible that he was in the area, but not actually a witness to the execution? I don't mean to keep doubting you about this, but it doesn't make sense to me.

If he was there, I wonder if he'll be questioned about this? It seems that they are really serious about finding out who videotaped this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16438087/?GT1=8921

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Roman, would you mind sharing your friend's article with us when it's published? I'm very interested to read it.

He does radio, but I will see

Not to keep harping on this, but I am having a hard time believing that this guy you're talking about was present. From CNN:

The execution took place outside the heavily fortified Green Zone, Rubaie said, and no Americans were present.

"It was an Iraqi operation from A to Z," he said. "The Americans were not present during the hour of the execution. They weren't even in the building."

He added that "there were no Shiite or Sunni clerics present, only the witnesses and those who carried out the actual execution were present."

Seems like there were only a handful of people there, and I'm wondering why a small-time American radio reporter was there. Is it possible that he was in the area, but not actually a witness to the execution? I don't mean to keep doubting you about this, but it doesn't make sense to me.

If he was there, I wonder if he'll be questioned about this? It seems that they are really serious about finding out who videotaped this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16438087/?GT1=8921

I can offer no proof at this time. Your going to have to choose to believe me or not. All i can say is that he is a personal friend of about 10 years and he said he was there.

where do get the idea that he is a --"SMALL-TIME AMERICAN RADIO REPORTER" He is the religious news editor of America's largest religious news outlet. Thats all i can give----for now

I have not asked him if I can reveal his name---so I must clear that with him first-------

where do get the idea that he is a --"SMALL-TIME AMERICAN RADIO REPORTER" He is the religious news editor of America's largest religious news outlet. Thats all i can give----for now

I have not asked him if I can reveal his name---so I must clear that with him first-------

Because in a previous post you sd: "He does radio, but I will see".

I guess I did assume the 'small-time' part. I just don't understand why the bigger reporters from the major networks weren't there, but they did allow radio reporters.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

<div class='quotemain'>

Because in a previous post you sd: "He does radio, but I will see".

I guess I did assume the 'small-time' part. I just don't understand why the bigger reporters from the major networks weren't there, but they did allow radio reporters.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

No offence taken--------------because he isn't with the major networks----is a big plus for him. He has interviewed about every major world leader---so he has inroads that others don't have--because he has built up relations over the years

Also :D your assuming again when you say----------"radio reporters" I don't know if there were others there---but all I know is that there was at least-1

I can tell you what some of the Canadian troops are saying when they come home.

First thing they say “We need to be there” “The suffering of the children alone would prove to those at home how important it is that involvement is needed”.

Then they say flatting those Taliban / Insurcents strong holds would speed up the process.

But politicians wont let the military do what is necessary.

To be honest if this keeps up it will be another Vietnam.

The Insurcents and the Talaiban are using the same hit and run tactics they have used for 1000's of years when you look at their history.

The milatery knows how to win this but goverments dont want to get their hands dirty.