Temple Ordinances What's this mean?

IamMe

So I submitted some names for some temple work and I can see that yesterday, 2 of my women relatives had their baptism's done. I don't understand what this means:

Baptism Completed: STOCK 07 November 2012

Where's the STOCK temple? What is that?

:huh:

Edited by beefche
removed the abbreviation for curse word

Things are moving so quickly now!

I started submitting names on the 13 October, another batch was submitted 31 October, in total 9 names were submitted, all of them needing all their temple ordinances. This was my first time.

3 of them have now been baptized, 2 confirmed

Stockholm temple, Varnal Utah Temple and a COLUM (which one is that?) temple.

While I think it's really cool seeing these temples, I was kind of hoping that the temples that the work was done would mean something to me, rather than just being random temples...is that selfish?

I did keep 2 of the names for myself and my daughter to do their work. While I still need to work on some things to be able to do it myself, my daughter has done proxy's with the YW's.

Should I push thru and submit these last 2 names to be done? Am I holding up things on the other side for them by keeping these for us to do? I don't want to limit them by holding back, but I loved these women and want to be the one to do it for them.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Help me understand - I have done some family history and have a list of names for which work can be done. I want to make sure, at least, that my husband's work is finished, and that my father's work is done. I was going to get the paper work printed out and give it to the youth for their temple trip.

So, if I submit the names (not sure how) to SLC, they will send them to a temple somewhere and have the work done? I'd like my husband and father to have their work done at Nauvoo, but the relatives I never met could be done anywhere, in fact, the temple in Sweden would be completely appropriate (I'm assuming there isn't one in Finland). I thought I had to give the names to someone going to the temple, or do them myself if they were female.

What should I do with these other names? What's the process for getting someone else to do them?