It's Been A Year Since My Mom Died.

StrawberryFields

This Sat March 2oth will mark the one year anniversary that my mom died. It seems that she has been gone so much longer. I am not sure what I can do to place "the right marker" on this day. I don't want it to be just another day but I am not sure what I want.

Any Ideas?

Guest Taoist_Saint

I have no experience with this...

But I would say keep it positive.

That is what your mother would have wanted.

Enjoy yourself with your family, and share happy memories of your mother together.

:)

Guest estump

When my daughter's year marker comes up, we plan to visit her grave site. I am not sure what else we'll do...probably cry and remember. That's about all we can do. I hope you day is filled w/ peace.

Originally posted by Taoist_Saint@Mar 17 2004, 12:10 PM

I have no experience with this...

But I would say keep it positive.

That is what your mother would have wanted.

Enjoy yourself with your family, and share happy memories of your mother together.

I will second or third this....

Positive, good thoughts, memories, together. Good things :)

You will know what she would have wanted you to do SF. Keep the love and the happy memories alive.

Keep your family close to you on Saturday.

I will give you a number you can reach me at if it gets too much for you.

Be strong my friend,

Lindy

When my grandmother died, my mom & her sister continued to go to her grave and bring flowers and celebrate her life.

I know it's a sad event, but I try to make it out to be as possitive as possible. Just think your mother having the opportunity to pass through the veil and hold heavenly fathers hands and truly know she is a blessed spirit. What an awesome day that is....My family has decided when my mom & dad die we will celebrate there death with a cake and candles, to help us remember we are celebrating life and there return home to there heavenly father who loves them so very much.

It should always be remembered as a day of joy, of accomplishment, achievement,excitement,and happiness. :D

Just my thoughts.

Laureltree

Guest curvette

Have you compiled a book of her life yet? Maybe you and your children could write down their favorite memory of her, add a picture and make a book of remembrance. Stories so often get forgotten if they aren't written down for posterity.

Originally posted by curvette@Mar 18 2004, 10:14 AM

Have you compiled a book of her life yet? Maybe you and your children could write down their favorite memory of her, add a picture and make a book of remembrance. Stories so often get forgotten if they aren't written down for posterity.

Curvette,

While my dad has been in Mexico with a vulture of a woman for 6 weeks I have been doing something like that. I went to his house a gathered all of the family photos which have never been put together. I have done 8 books and I plan to present them to him when he returns. These are our memories and are very special to me. My children spoke at my moms furneral and they have some wonderful memories of my mom. I believe in keeping my mom's memory alive. I think that I am freaking out about this is because after a year everything is suppost to be all better. My dad said that if he was to get married to this vulture that he would wait until after a year. He has been with her for 6 weeks in a motor home and I am hoping that she has messed up in a very big way with him. Time will only tell...

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Mar 18 2004, 11:47 AM

Curvette,

While my dad has been in Mexico with a vulture of a woman for 6 weeks I have been doing something like that. I went to his house a gathered all of the family photos which have never been put together. I have done 8 books and I plan to present them to him when he returns. These are our memories and are very special to me. My children spoke at my moms furneral and they have some wonderful memories of my mom. I believe in keeping my mom's memory alive. I think that I am freaking out about this is because after a year everything is suppost to be all better. My dad said that if he was to get married to this vulture that he would wait until after a year. He has been with her for 6 weeks in a motor home and I am hoping that she has messed up in a very big way with him. Time will only tell...

Be sure to set some of those photos aside for your own family. I wouldn't give them all back to your dad in case the "vulture of a woman" moves in and decides to do some house cleaning. I can't tell you all the family treasures that have been lost in our family since my Dad's consecutive wives' have had garage sales, or thrown stuff out! (It's not a nice thought and I don't want to make you anticipate the worst from her, but it's always good to take protective measures...) Six weeks in a motorhome is sure to bring out her bad side! If your dad does marry her, at least you will feel sure that he knows what he is getting into!

This Sat March 2oth will mark the one year anniversary that my mom died. It seems that she has been gone so much longer. I am not sure what I can do to place "the right marker" on this day. I don't want it to be just another day but I am not sure what I want.

Any Ideas?

Hi there!

You don't realize until it happens, but when you lose your mother, you find you have lost your best friend.

http://www.llerrah.com/dreams.htm

You're walking through a valley, but just as Psalm 23 tells us.... Yea, though I walk throught the valley. God never invites you to stay in the valley, but only instructs you to walk through.

Plant a tree in your yard, something that will be a constant reminder of life and living... something pretty that will be blooming each spring like a dogwood or a cherry blossom.

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 23 2004, 12:43 AM

Any Ideas?

Hi there!

You don't realize until it happens, but when you lose your mother, you find you have lost your best friend.

http://www.llerrah.com/dreams.htm

You're walking through a valley, but just as Psalm 23 tells us.... Yea, though I walk throught the valley. God never invites you to stay in the valley, but only instructs you to walk through.

Plant a tree in your yard, something that will be a constant reminder of life and living... something pretty that will be blooming each spring like a dogwood or a cherry blossom.

~serapha~

I lost my mom on Thanksgiving of last year. This last Saturday I was dividing her ashes in small containers to take to various places with me so I could scatter them. A little was left over and I went outside to sprinkle them around her favorite tree... it was very emotional for me. Difficult and hard.

I had no idea how much I missed her until that moment.

SF,

I hope you spent your day remembering all the good and all the good that is yet to come.

So many kind words...

Serapha, I don't think that we have "met" but I want to thank you for your insight. I did do to the link and I can appreciate what it says. :) I also know what you mean about not knowing that you have lost your best friend when you have lost your mom.

Blessed, I have also been following your story and I am sorry that you are also having to go thru this pain. Please pm me if I can help you in anyway.

I wished that I wouldn't have wanted that day to be any different then another. I set myself up for failure. I think next year I will handle the day on a more personal level and try not to try so hard if that makes sense.

• 3 years later...

My mother died when i was 15, and as each year has passed by I've tried to remember her each year by doing some thing different.

This last year I made her fave meal and set the table in her fave colors, then I toasted her and we sat and talked about the good memories we have of her. We ended up laughing so hard we cried, I'm sure she would of loved it. You need to celebrate her life, and the good things she did and stood for. It will help heal your heart and it will make you not feel so alone.

• 3 weeks later...

i never knew my mom really well... celebrate the time you were able to know her. celebrate the what she taught ya in life an the life has given you an sacrifices she made for you. the lord gives us these trails to grow from so grow from it. me not knowing my mom until a couple years ago at the age of 19 was blessing in way that i got to understand how important a mother would be to my children. theres something there for you to recognize too... god bless