Friendships w/ opposite sex

gree, you've swept into this forum as if you're some kind of expert who knows more than anyone here could. What are your credentials?

Why don't you try a PM - I have had quite enough of righteous 'Temple Cleansings' from people who think that challenging people and castigating them arethe correct way to disagree. How about instead of attacking me, you try a rational disagreement with the position?

I have participated in exactly four threads ... and here was have a sweeping generalization about 'the forum' after only three days. Nice.

I am sorry, perhaps, as a head moderator you could change the rules to, "Only those who think and agree with me need apply. - Your decades of experience must also be fully vetted with me, to my standard, or I am allowed to castigate you repeatedly."

Case in point, this the third time in this thread alone that you have taken a personal pot shots taken at me - and I have had enough.

Now, would anyone like to challenge my thesis that castigation and blame casting are successful communicative tools in relationships?

Perhaps we could realize that this is a discussion and the the intent is to discuss.

In fact, as we have this new standard E, as a leader in the forum, why not lay out your credentials in relationships counseling? What training have you received? What certifications have you received? Professional education? As we are now appealing to expertise in others ... by all means, begin the process - or please, knock off the personal pot shots. They help no one in this thread.

I am sorry E, but I am allowed to disagree with you. You are not President Monson issuing prophetic guidance.

12 Ways to Have a Happy, Healthy Marriage

No where in there does it state that castigation is critical to a healthy marriage. Silly me. I have clearly swept into the forum with unhealthy ideas that have no bearing in our literature.

By all means E, make the case that castigation is the correct path. Go right ahead.

In short, what makes me think my credentials are better than yours? The fact that I am making better case.

Edited by gree0232

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was no attack. It is a legitimate question. One that seems to have pushed your buttons somehow.

The big difference between us is, I haven't been going around telling people that everyone but me is wrong.

It was no attack. It is a legitimate question. One that seems to have pushed your buttons somehow.

The big difference between us is, I haven't been going around telling people that everyone but me is wrong.

Mayube you should read.

When someone says the wife is right, that would be a point - correct?

Or, I suppose disagreeing with burning a Calendar like a four year old throwing a fit is a defensible position.

By all means, defend it.

Use logic. Demonstrate something besides pique that ... because someone making a case might be making a strong case and ... well, what case are you making? "I hate you!"

Well, thanks.

No where in there does it state that castigation is critical to a healthy marriage. Silly me. I have clearly swept into the forum with unhealthy ideas that have no bearing in our literature.

By all means E, make the case that castigation is the correct path. Go right ahead.

In short, what makes me think my credentials are better than yours? The fact that I am making better case.

Where have I said that "castigation" (you like that word) is the way to go in a marriage? How do you know anything about my marriage or my philosophies on maintaining it?

I have addressed you exactly once in this thread, to ask you a legitimate thread about your credentials that entitle you to correct anyone else who posts. How does that add up to 3 "pot shots"?

Hidden

Mayube you should read.

When someone says the wife is right, that would be a point - correct?

Or, I suppose disagreeing with burning a Calendar like a four year old throwing a fit is a defensible position.

By all means, defend it.

Use logic. Demonstrate something besides pique that ... because someone making a case might be making a strong case and ... well, what case are you making? "I hate you!"

Well, thanks.

Am I more sleep deprived than I thought? I cannot make sense of this for the life of me.

The only stance I have made in this thread is that the OP is being reasonable in her desire for better boundaries. I haven't commented on the calendar at all. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else. Because seriously, the above might as well be in Greek. Someone help me out? :confused: