So Called Christian Board

Winnie G

Originally posted by Jenda@Mar 24 2004, 07:41 PM

I realize that that is a couple of hundred years after Constantine, but the time of Constantine is when we feel that the true decline of the church started. We believe that the apostacy was complete when God removed his blessing from the church, and that happened about 570 AD.

That fits into the timeline, also, of the 1260 years the church was in the wilderness (Revelations 12: 5 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she had a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore years.)

What's so special about 570 other than ist fits your math> Gregory the Great was not pope for another 20 years or so.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by White Mountain+Mar 24 2004, 06:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (White Mountain @ Mar 24 2004, 06:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--AFDaw@Mar 24 2004, 07:49 PM

I never got to thank you for allowing me to voice my opinion without being the one to actual post something.

HUH? Your comment is unclear...

For copying my posts and posting it on CF.

Originally posted by AFDaw+Mar 24 2004, 07:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AFDaw @ Mar 24 2004, 07:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -White Mountain@Mar 24 2004, 06:50 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--AFDaw@Mar 24 2004, 07:49 PM

I never got to thank you for allowing me to voice my opinion without being the one to actual post something.

HUH? Your comment is unclear...

For copying my posts and posting it on CF.

You are most welcome. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by White Mountain+Mar 24 2004, 06:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (White Mountain @ Mar 24 2004, 06:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Mar 24 2004, 07:41 PM

I realize that that is a couple of hundred years after Constantine, but the time of Constantine is when we feel that the true decline of the church started.  We believe that the apostacy was complete when God removed his blessing from the church, and that happened about 570 AD.

That fits into the timeline, also, of the 1260 years the church was in the wilderness (Revelations 12: 5 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she had a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore years.)

What's so special about 570 other than ist fits your math> Gregory the Great was not pope for another 20 years or so.

While the specific year 570 fits into my math, it is the whole decline of the church from Constantine on that marks the beginning of the apostacy. By the time 600AD rolled around, the church was no longer recognizable as the NT church that was started by Christ/the apostles.

Originally posted by Jenda+Mar 24 2004, 08:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Mar 24 2004, 08:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -White Mountain@Mar 24 2004, 06:52 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Mar 24 2004, 07:41 PM

I realize that that is a couple of hundred years after Constantine, but the time of Constantine is when we feel that the true decline of the church started.  We believe that the apostacy was complete when God removed his blessing from the church, and that happened about 570 AD.

While the specific year 570 fits into my math, it is the whole decline of the church from Constantine on that marks the beginning of the apostacy. By the time 600AD rolled around, the church was no longer recognizable as the NT church that was started by Christ/the apostles.

Fuzzy Math ?

Hey Ammon.  This is elderbell and mormonsoldia, how are things on CF, I stopped going there and Serapha coming in here reminded me why.  CF doesn't want to clear up issues about Mormonism.  Wouldn't you agree.  They have this front with them that says come in, share with, teach us about your religion, we are so eager to hear what you have to say.  Course, then you fall for it, and once you are in, it's like fighting off a pack of ravenous wolves with a piece of raw meat strapped to your face.  I am gonna check christianity.com out sometime, what's the atmosphere over there?

**sigh**

another multiple account holder. Is that being honest? :unsure:

Course, then you fall for it, and once you are in, it's like fighting off a pack of ravenous wolves with a piece of raw meat strapped to your face.

Well, I can relate.

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 24 2004, 08:18 PM

Course, then you fall for it, and once you are in, it's like fighting off a pack of ravenous wolves with a piece of raw meat strapped to your face.

Well, I can relate.

~serapha~

Somehow...I really don't think so.

This is exactly why the RLDS believes that the apostacy began about 570 AD.  The church changed when Constantine assumed control of it, and it went downhill from there.

Are you sure that is the RLDS line Jenda?

570 is a long ways removed from the early Christian Church of the 1st century and the early 2nd century and is also a couple hundred years after Constantine.

Yes, this is the RLDS line.

Well, let me restate that. That was the RLDS line until the RLDS decided that we are no longer a "restored" church, and that God did not restore anything because He didn't have to.

But, as I am a RLDS restorationist, we continue to hold to that belief.

I realize that that is a couple of hundred years after Constantine, but the time of Constantine is when we feel that the true decline of the church started. We believe that the apostacy was complete when God removed his blessing from the church, and that happened about 570 AD.

What translation of the Bible do you use? Rev 12:6

6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

IN Greek, the word is "hemera" and never translated as "years".

~serapha~

Guest Ammon
Originally posted by White Mountain+Mar 24 2004, 07:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (White Mountain @ Mar 24 2004, 07:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ammon@Mar 24 2004, 02:02 PM

P.S. I would sure appreciate some help from other LDS members (hint, hint).  I know it isn't fun, but I believe it is necessary.  And help does not mean trolling.  I try to be sincere and level-headed.

Need more troops, eh?

Great, come on over and we'll compare LDS views and documents with Scripture and you can tell us we are mean to do so. ***sigh***

Be sure to say hi to drstevej (that's me) and don't forget the special icon....

I'm not talking about CF... I've enough troops over there already. Don't you know who I am? I am Ammon... the same Ammon who is at CF. (See my Brass Tack thread in UTD.) B)

Guest Ammon

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 24 2004, 09:18 PM

Hey Ammon.  This is elderbell and mormonsoldia, how are things on CF, I stopped going there and Serapha coming in here reminded me why.  CF doesn't want to clear up issues about Mormonism.  Wouldn't you agree.  They have this front with them that says come in, share with, teach us about your religion, we are so eager to hear what you have to say.  Course, then you fall for it, and once you are in, it's like fighting off a pack of ravenous wolves with a piece of raw meat strapped to your face.  I am gonna check christianity.com out sometime, what's the atmosphere over there?

**sigh**

Well, I can relate.

~serapha~

This is the INTERNET, Serapha, multiple identities are to be expected. Besides, elderbell had to have two because his first one was banned. :D

I use the Inspired Version.  And even if I used the KJV, the interpretation would be the same.  When something is spoken of in prophetic terms, 'days' is usually interpreted as years.  (It is a prophetic thing.  ;) )

Hi there!

And please tell me where that prophetic rule is written and accepted as authorative and by whom.

BTW... "usually" doesn't tell me that it has to be taken as "years" in that particular passage.

That word in Greek is never translated as "years" anywhere in the KJV, whether prophetic or otherwise.

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 24 2004, 09:18 PM

**sigh**

Well, I can relate.

~serapha~

This is the INTERNET, Serapha, multiple identities are to be expected. Besides, elderbell had to have two because his first one was banned. :D

Ammon,

I don't use multiple accounts. I just stand behind the one I have. I have a conscience.

The Holy Spirit would tell me that using multiple accounts wasn't right, particularly when the site says... no multiple accounts.

Don't you have respect for the rules of a forum.... just like the laws of the land?

How about Romans 13 and 2 Peter 2 where you are told to submit to the governing authorities.... that doesn't apply to you?

~serapha~

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 24 2004, 09:21 PM

The Holy Spirit would tell me that using multiple accounts wasn't right, particularly when the site says... no multiple accounts.

Would? ...if only you were on speaking terms?

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Snow+Mar 24 2004, 09:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Mar 24 2004, 09:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--serapha@Mar 24 2004, 09:21 PM

The Holy Spirit would tell me that using multiple accounts wasn't  right, particularly when the site says... no multiple accounts. 

Would? ...if only you were on speaking terms?

Thank you, I'll be here all week.

ROFL! :lol:

Originally posted by serapha+Mar 24 2004, 10:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (serapha @ Mar 24 2004, 10:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
<!--QuoteBegin--serapha@Mar 24 2004, 09:18 PM

**sigh**

Well, I can relate.

~serapha~

Ammon,

I don't use multiple accounts. I just stand behind the one I have. I have a conscience.

Don't you have respect for the rules of a forum.... just like the laws of the land?

How about Romans 13 and 2 Peter 2 where you are told to submit to the governing authorities.... that doesn't apply to you?

~serapha~

One, keep that double edged sword in it's sheeth, because you "mainstreamers" hardly keep your OWN rules. Secondly, Snow....you berry funny!!!! Also, is banning someone for proclaiming the one TRUE gospel honest...think not.

Guest Starsky

Also, is banning someone for proclaiming the one TRUE gospel honest...think not.

But that is only because they are spiritually blinded by their Mormon hate indoctrination....that they can't see how incongruent they are...

Guest Ammon
Originally posted by serapha+Mar 24 2004, 10:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (serapha @ Mar 24 2004, 10:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

**sigh**

Well, I can relate.

~serapha~

Ammon,

~serapha~

I am not elderbell. Thus, you're apparetntly not talking to me... you're talking to him, I supposed. Further, you failed to notice that he did not have dual accounts. He was banned, and they he reregistered. Further, I don't see anything in the rules at CF that say you cannot have dual accounts. Can you please cite your source regarding the same?

**sigh**

Well, I can relate.

~serapha~

Ammon,

~serapha~

I am not elderbell. Thus, you're apparetntly not talking to me... you're talking to him, I supposed. Further, you failed to notice that he did not have dual accounts. He was banned, and they he reregistered. Further, I don't see anything in the rules at CF that say you cannot have dual accounts. Can you please cite your source regarding the same?

Hi ammon,

I posted a question in the opening forum concerning multiple account uses. Of course, I didn't identify names... but I am certain you can catch the thread....

http://www.christianforums.com/showthread....749#post2075749

~serapha~

Guest Ammon

Thanks, Serapha. I got into it with OldShep about this... he had no response. There is no rule, but yet they get upset about it. That's not right. You've got rules... if something isn't against the rules, it should be allowed. I bet there are MANY people at CF with more than one identity.

Thanks, Serapha.  I got into it with OldShep about this... he had no response.  There is no rule, but yet they get upset about it.  That's not right.  You've got rules... if something isn't against the rules, it should be allowed.  I bet there are MANY people at CF with more than one identity.

Unfortunately, and you should understand this terminology, disparity of treatment is the "norm" and not the exception. I have always maintained that there needs to be better rules for the forums.

I personally think that a quick "hotbed" suspension of 1 day to cool off is a lot better than a 30-day suspension for rules that haven't been consistently applied to everyone.

But no one listens to me.

<grins>

I have seen a few multiple account holders, but every case was after a suspension.

~serapha~