Any advice on travel insurance?

Echo2002

I'm going on a cruise in December. The cruise leaves from Singapore and ends in Hong Kong.

Since I'm going to be spending a lot of money on plane tickets and cruise, I thought I would get insurance just in case something happens and I have to cancel the trip.

I would like to buy the plane tickets in the next week or two, because I'm afraid if I wait too long the prices will go up. Is the ticket insurance offered at the time of purchase sufficient? Will I be able to cancel my tickets if I get sick or injured and can't go on the trip?

You probably should be asking this question from the company or agency you are purchasing tickets from. They would need to explain their policy.

Is the ticket insurance offered at the time of purchase sufficient? Will I be able to cancel my tickets if I get sick or injured and can't go on the trip?

Agree with Pam, there way too many variables in what you plan on doing to get an accurate answer here.

Some advice though, don't rely entirely on what the company tell you over the phone. Read the terms and conditions of the travel insurance options offered to you fully. You might be surprised at the amount of ways you can exclude yourself from being able to claim, if you should ever need to.

Do your reseasrch and find the company that offers the best deal for you. Although my travel agent offers insurance to cover pre-existing conditions was going to more than double it but I found a company online that offered better coverage for less.