Office Word help

Iggy

I have struggled for three weeks with this problem.

In my Word program, I start a blank document. First I set the margins, then type in the first paragraph. Hit Enter and the cursor goes clear to the bottom of the page!

What is with that?? I have gone on-line to Microsoft Office and read, and read, and read. I have done the Help in Word till my head throbs and my nose wants to bleed!

HELP - can someone please tell me how to fix this??? To get anything done (I write a lot of letters and am doing outlines for presentations in Relief Society for this coming evening meeting, and for the Branch Presidency regarding the library) I have been using a letter I saved as Blank Document - deleting the letter and then doing the work that I need to do. BUT it is a royal pain in the sitter-downer.

Edited by Iggy

Which version of Word are you using?

Have you tried a "repair" installation? Go to Control Panel - Programs & Features (or Add/Remove Programs in XP) - click on Microsoft Office - Choose "Change". When the option appears, choose "repair".

This should help reset all the software parameters to their original configuration.

It might not fix your problem, but it's a good starting point.

(this is for 2007 or later versions): Click on the Page Layout tab of the ribbon and then on the arrow thing in the bottom right corner of the Page Setup section and then go to the Layout tab (or press Alt +psp) and then change the Vertical Alignment to Top.

(this is for 2007 or later versions): Click on the Page Layout tab of the ribbon and then on the arrow thing in the bottom right corner of the Page Setup section and then go to the Layout tab (or press Alt +psp) and then change the Vertical Alignment to Top.

I have the 2007 version. Thanks - that did the job!!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. :bearhug:

Are you in the Information Technology Field Skippy? I was thinking of the exact same solution you posted.

Skippy may not be, however I am. 2nd level Tech Support for a regional bank.

repair does not take all settings back to the original, an uninstall/reinstall would be needed to do that and even then you'd want to clean up the registry in-between or you risk something being missed.

Edited by mnn727