When was the last time..

Bini

I felt like we needed another inspirational thread around here.

There's a lot of unkind and harsh realities around us, and sometimes it's hard to see the good in the world. When was the last time the Spirit of The Lord gave you a sense of peace (outside of Sunday services) that there are good people out there in the world?

My most recent one was yesterday at Salt Lake City's Gateway mall. There's a small water feature outside that kids love to run through and get drenched. My husband and I took our daughter, and watched as she tried to sneak up on the fountains. I remember looking around and seeing all these children, little tikes and older kids, just having fun and without a care in the world. It wasn't too awfully long ago that these boys and girls were in the presence of our Heavenly Father, and now, each is here with a very important earthly mission to fulfill. I also knew that how we (my husband and I) raise our daughter, will play a big role in how she sees the world and how she decides to be apart of it. It was a pretty overwhelming moment but I felt at peace too.

Seeing a little old lady pushing a heavy-laden shopping cart out of Costco (and judging from what was inside, it looked like she was getting ready for a party of some sort), and seeing a young man with tattoos all up his arms, ear gauges in his ears, and spikey dyed hair rush over to her and push her cart to her car for her (which granted wasn't far, since she was in a handicapped spot), and then load the groceries into her trunk for her.

And then just about any time I'm out driving and a firetruck or ambulance goes by, and all of the cars pull over.

Last night when my son (10 years old) woke me up at midnight. I was about to get upset with him when excitedly began to tell me that he finished the Book of Jacob in the BOM, while telling me all about his new favorite story in the scriptures. It was at that moment I felt there was great hope for my little ones to gain a true testimony.

This afternoon when I checked the mail to find a set of absolutely perfect condition blue scriptures sent to me by Leah. She took a chance to reach out into the "real world" and help someone that she only knows through words typed here. With all the crazies out there I do respect and appreciate that. I couldn't be filled with more excitement and gratitude right now. Though I've thanked her privately I want to shout it out here as well. lol

This afternoon when I checked the mail to find a set of absolutely perfect condition blue scriptures sent to me by Leah. She took a chance to reach out into the "real world" and help someone that she only knows through words typed here. With all the crazies out there I do respect and appreciate that. I couldn't be filled with more excitement and gratitude right now. Though I've thanked her privately I want to shout it out here as well. lol

I hereby give this 100 likes.