Should I go on a mission?

Robb8547

So I am 21 and I got baptized in the church a few months ago. I love the church and I am having no problem keeping the law of Chasity or WoW and going to church. It's going great. I spoke to my bishop recently, he asked me if I would go on a mission in like a year. I would love to I think it would be an amazing experience and I think I would be ready (I went to Christian school growing up my whole life, so I know the Bible a lot). But the only problem is the financial needs. I only have about $1500 saved up from my job and my parents wont helpo with much because they are paying for my college. The bishop said that members would support me and stuff but I am afraid I won't have enough. Would this hold me back from going on one?

Congrats on getting baptized a few months ago! I bet going on a mission would be an amazing experience for you. If the members will support you and you save up what you can, I don't think you will be held back from going on a mission. Have you mentioned to the Bishop you are afraid you won't have enough? Why don't you mention that to him and see what he says, he is there to help.

Guest Doctrine

No worry we have a young man in our ward with the same situation I told him go serve and when you get back and start making a living then help support the next missionary, sort of a pay it forward plan.

As a priesthood holder (or at least soon-to-be, you didn't specify), it is your duty to make every possible effort to go on a mission. So, yes, you should serve a mission.

Don't worry about finances. You would be surprised at the wealthy people lurking about ready to donate money for missionaries.

hi and congradulations

Robb8547 on your baptistism Im sure it was a wonderful experience for you. It is a honor to have you as a member and a brother in THe Lords Church. You have so many wonderful things to look forward too. I joined the Church about your age many moons ago. Mingle with the people in your ward get to know them, get involved in your ward. continue to learn and grow, you will do this your whole life and beyond.. Theres so much to learn + its all good.Do things that will up lift your Spirit as we all learn to walk with God to put our faith + trust in him. Continue to save your money + in a yr if you deside to go on a mission and you need help financially I'm sure it will work out.

To the OP,

Congrats on your baptism. I agree with the others. My advice would be to continue in prayer and seek Heavenly Father's guidance and promptings of going on a mission. There are many who will help hold fundraisers or will donate to your mission if that is what you are called to do and you make the decision. I would love to have the opportunity to go on a mission but due to being established in a career and more financial responsibilities, I will have to seek that as my goal for when I retire. Good luck to you!