My Game Mod

JcDean78

As some of you guys might know, I work on a mod called Point of Existence for Battlefield 2 which is an online multiplayer game.

http://www.pointofexistence.com/

In our weekly news today we posted a video of one of our new maps called Crimea which is set in southern Ukraine and will be included in our next release. The video is of the level that I have made and thought you guys might like to check it out. It should work on windows media player. Other formats are available off the home page.

http://pointofexistence2.hypernia.net/file...reasyMullet.wvx

Hope you all enjoy. :)

Dude, BF2 freakin' rocks.

I don't own it anymore, but I used to love flying the Apache and lightin' up the Chinese or MEC tanks and APC's. B)

Is your mod finished, or a work in progress? That's cool work, bro.

We have a version out right now that won mod of the year for 2006 for ANY game. We are rather proud of that. We are working on our next release which is an update for our current mod. It includes bug fixes, new stuff for existing teams, and the United States Marines.

We are an online team made up from people all over the world. Mostly North America and Europe. We communicate online and have a team structure with a production line. On the team I am the lead level design which means that I manage our mapping team and am part of the 'leads' that manage the mod.

Most of our guys work in the industry or are trying to get a job within it. Several of the people who worked on BF2 and 2142 used to be on our team but left to work full time for Dice which required them to move to Sweeden. I have no desire to move to Sweeden. lol.

I hope that answers some of your questions. I have more videos from our prior release if you would like to see.

What kind of laptop are you taking over there, Outshined?

JcDean, sounds cool. That's awesome that you get to work on video games. I'm working up a very basic gopsel game on DVD (not PC-DVD, but literally for a normal 'ole DVD player). I use Macs myself, and there's a sweet lil' game engine called Unity that rocks if I ever had time to use it or learn all the code. I think Unity's team is based in Sweden or Norway...man, those guys know video games, huh? :lol:

What kind of laptop are you taking over there, Outshined?

It's a Dell Inspiron E1505. 2 GHz dual processor, 2 gigs of RAM, 256 MB video, DVD burner. I already have it loaded with games like BF2 and BF1942, Desert Combat, etc. B)

Of course, it will help me finish the degree I'm working on as well...

Degree in gaming? The real DC was a great mod. A lot of those guys worked on BF2. Most of them are awesome people. They are working on a new game which looks great.

http://www.kaosstudios.com/

I am a huge 1942 fan as it is the main game that got me into online gaming. Battlefield and CoD are about the only games I play. But working on a mod leaves a lot less time for gaming... for example tonight I am working on a new map instead of playing.

<div class='quotemain'>

Degree in gaming?

Hee hee! No, it's in Computer Science, but my wife probably thinks I'm getting a degree in gaming... ;)

By the way, I've downloaded the POE mod.

Which school are you at? I got my degree in MIS at ETSU.

Also make sure you have our most up to date version as well as a bonus map pack that the servers run. Our numbers have dropped a little since our first release back in Aug but with this next release coming up, we will get more players again. At our peek we had 3,000 players online playing at any given time throughout the day as our average for about the first month or two we were out.