Who Is Jesus Christ?

Stephen

These are my beliefs about Jesus Christ and this message post is not meant to put anybody down. Please refrain from posting hate messages if you disagree. Thanks!

Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh(1 Timothy 3:16).

The same attributes of God are ascribed to Jesus Christ.

1) He is eternal(Micah 5:2).

2) He is omniscient(John 21:17).

3) He is omnipresent(John 3:13).

4) He is omnipotent(Matthew 28:18).

5) He is immutable(Hebrews 13:8).

6) He is Holy(Hebrews 7:26; 1John 3:5).

7) He is Truth(jOHN 14:6).

Jesus Christ is expressly called God in Scripture.

1) By the Father(Hebrews 1:8).

2) He himself claimed deity(John 10:36, 14:9).

3) Other verses that expressly state that Christ is God:

1Timothy 3:16

16: "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

John 20:28

28: "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."

John 5:20

20: "And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us understanding, that we may know him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life."

Colossians 2:9

9: "For in him dwelleth the fullness of the Godhead bodily."

Christ was not only fully God, after the incarnation, He was also fully man(1 Timothy 2:5).

he was tri-partite in his humanity....perfect(not sinful nature) 1thessaloneons 5:23

1) a spirit(luke 23:46).

2) a soul(john 12:27).

3)physical body after incarnation(john 1:14; 1john1:1).

he was subject to the infirmities of humanity(hebrews 4:15).

1) grief(john 11:33-38).

2) hunger(matthew 21:18).

3) thirst(john 19:28).

4) sleep(matthew 8:4).

5) pain(luke 22:44).

6) anger(mark 3:5; john 2:15).

he was tempted, yet could not have sinned(luke 4:2; james 1:13).

jesus christ was born of a virgin.

jesus christ was conceived by the holy ghost in the womb of mary before she ever knew(had sexual intercourse) with a man(luke 1:34-35).

the resurrection was a triune effort within the trinity

1) christ resurrected himself(john 2:19; 10:18).

2) the father resurrected christ(acts 2:32; romans 10:9).

3) the holy ghost resurrected christ(romans 8:11; 1pter 3:18).

you will have to excuse me for part of this message post.......my caps lock button quit working on me part way through this.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are my beliefs about Jesus Christ and this message post is not meant to put anybody down. Please refrain from posting hate messages if you disagree. Thanks!

Jesus Christ is God manifest in the flesh(1 Timothy 3:16).

The same attributes of God are ascribed to Jesus Christ.

1) He is eternal(Micah 5:2).

2) He is omniscient(John 21:17).

3) He is omnipresent(John 3:13).

4) He is omnipotent(Matthew 28:18).

5) He is immutable(Hebrews 13:8).

6) He is Holy(Hebrews 7:26; 1John 3:5).

7) He is Truth(jOHN 14:6).

Jesus Christ is expressly called God in Scripture.

1) By the Father(Hebrews 1:8).

2) He himself claimed deity(John 10:36, 14:9).

3) Other verses that expressly state that Christ is God:

1Timothy 3:16

16: "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

John 20:28

28: "And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."

John 5:20

20: "And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us understanding, that we may know him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life."

Colossians 2:9

9: "For in him dwelleth the fullness of the Godhead bodily."

Christ was not only fully God, after the incarnation, He was also fully man(1 Timothy 2:5).

he was tri-partite in his humanity....perfect(not sinful nature) 1thessaloneons 5:23

1) a spirit(luke 23:46).

2) a soul(john 12:27).

3)physical body after incarnation(john 1:14; 1john1:1).

he was subject to the infirmities of humanity(hebrews 4:15).

1) grief(john 11:33-38).

2) hunger(matthew 21:18).

3) thirst(john 19:28).

4) sleep(matthew 8:4).

5) pain(luke 22:44).

6) anger(mark 3:5; john 2:15).

he was tempted, yet could not have sinned(luke 4:2; james 1:13).

jesus christ was born of a virgin.

jesus christ was conceived by the holy ghost in the womb of mary before she ever knew(had sexual intercourse) with a man(luke 1:34-35).

you will have to excuse me for part of this message post.......my caps lock button quit working on it part way through this.

Hi there!

B)

I believe I can take the book of mormon and prove the same statements from the content of the bom, or the D&C... in fact. I am certain I could.

~serapha~

Originally posted by Stephen@Mar 23 2004, 07:45 PM

Oh Stephen,

No one hates you. I just think you are silly sometimes; my opinion that you are silly not withstanding, this is a nice post. I have a question for you however. In as much as you say that Christ, who has a physical and resurrected body, is immutable, how do you explain that he is omnipresent?

Originally posted by Snow+Mar 23 2004, 09:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Mar 23 2004, 09:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Stephen@Mar 23 2004, 07:45 PM

Oh Stephen,

No one hates you. I just think you are silly sometimes; my opinion that you are silly not withstanding, this is a nice post. I have a question for you however. In as much as you say that Christ, who has a physical and resurrected body, is immutable, how do you explain that he is omnipresent?

Snow is on a roll. Put that Six-Shooter away Snow, yur gunna put an eye out!

Originally posted by Snow+Mar 23 2004, 08:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Mar 23 2004, 08:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Stephen@Mar 23 2004, 07:45 PM

Oh Stephen,

Who Jesus Christ is happens to be his spirit that dwells within him.........even when he was crucified on the cross of Calvary .......Jesus Christ still lived on........his spirit was clothed with a body of flesh and bones and when he was killed his spirit left his body and when he was resurrected his spirit re-united with his physical. The spirit of Jesus Christ permeates all things. The Bible even makes reference to the fact that the spirit of Christ lights every man that comes into the world. I believe that what we commonly refer to as a conscience is actually Jesus Christ's spirit lighting every person that comes into the world that they may know good from evil.

Originally posted by Stephen+Mar 24 2004, 10:02 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stephen @ Mar 24 2004, 10:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Snow@Mar 23 2004, 08:45 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Stephen@Mar 23 2004, 07:45 PM

Oh Stephen,

Who Jesus Christ is happens to be his spirit that dwells within him.........even when he was crucified on the cross of Calvary .......Jesus Christ still lived on........his spirit was clothed with a body of flesh and bones and when he was killed his spirit left his body and when he was resurrected his spirit re-united with his physical. The spirit of Jesus Christ permeates all things. The Bible even makes reference to the fact that the spirit of Christ lights every man that comes into the world. I believe that what we commonly refer to as a conscience is actually Jesus Christ's spirit lighting every person that comes into the world that they may know good from evil.

So, does he now have a physical body?

Originally posted by srm+Mar 24 2004, 11:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (srm @ Mar 24 2004, 11:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Stephen@Mar 24 2004, 10:02 AM

Oh Stephen,

He is trying to have both. Hey Stevo, that is why we have the Holy Ghost. God the Father AND Jesus Christ are two SEPERATE PERSONAGES.

john 1:

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

Originally posted by srm+Mar 24 2004, 10:07 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (srm @ Mar 24 2004, 10:07 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Oh Stephen,

he was resurrected so he does have a physical body and his spirit permeates all the things.

Originally posted by porterrockwell+Mar 24 2004, 10:11 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (porterrockwell @ Mar 24 2004, 10:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -srm@Mar 24 2004, 11:07 AM

Oh Stephen,

He is trying to have both. Hey Stevo, that is why we have the Holy Ghost. God the Father AND Jesus Christ are two SEPERATE PERSONAGES.

trying to have both what?

you have a physical body and a spirit.....when your spirit dies your body still lives on......if all that you are was the body then you would cease to exist when your physical body died. why such a concept is hard for you to understand is beyond me.

Who Jesus Christ is happens to be his spirit that dwells within him.........even when he was crucified on the cross of Calvary .......Jesus Christ still lived on........his spirit was clothed with a body of flesh and bones and when he was killed his spirit left his body and when he was resurrected his spirit re-united with his physical body. The spirit of Jesus Christ permeates all things.

is that so difficult to understand?

Nothing I have said here is new stuff...........Christians have believed these things about Jesus Christ for hundreds of years.

Jesus Christ is that same spirit they called the Son of God who dwelled in the fire with Shadrach, Meeshach and Abindigo and protected them from being burned in the fiery furnace.

Please excuse any misspelled words here.

Alright, we(LDS) will never agree with MC's as to the metaphysical existance of Jesus Christ.

So let me ask you this Stephen. Since you believe in the Bible, and it's teachings, I would like to know this: Paul clearly teaches against Homosexuality, so can one remain in the office of preaching officially to a congregation if he or she is gay(i.e. pastor, priest, bishop...etc.)?

No. One cannot remain in the office of a Pastor or Bishop if that person is homosexual. Also, as a side note.....women should never hold the office of a Pastor or Bishop because one of the qualifications of that office according to the Bible is: that person needs to be the husband of one wife and rule his household well. A Pastor or Bishop also needs to be above reproach.

A homosexual man- God has turned over to a reprobate mind.....because he has turned away from God doing that which is a unnatural affection.....men with men doing that which is unseemly.

Guest Starsky
Originally posted by Stephen+Mar 24 2004, 10:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Stephen @ Mar 24 2004, 10:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -porterrockwell@Mar 24 2004, 10:11 AM

Originally posted by -srm@Mar 24 2004, 11:07 AM

Oh Stephen,

trying to have both what?

you have a physical body and a spirit.....when your spirit dies your body still lives on......if all that you are was the body then you would cease to exist when your physical body died. why such a concept is hard for you to understand is beyond me.

Who Jesus Christ is happens to be his spirit that dwells within him.........even when he was crucified on the cross of Calvary .......Jesus Christ still lived on........his spirit was clothed with a body of flesh and bones and when he was killed his spirit left his body and when he was resurrected his spirit re-united with his physical body. The spirit of Jesus Christ permeates all things.

is that so difficult to understand?

Actually some people can't see that there are 3 personages in the Godhead...but there are some who do..

Jesus Christ is God, He did come down and gain a physical body...He died, His Spirit left it and then took it up again...

Jesus is our Father when we are Spiritually Reborn....His Father is OUR Father.....in the beginning...but we were given to Jesus because of His sacrifice for us...

Though Jesus is now Physical...His spirit does permeate everything....because all of this was His project directed by our original Father......read D&C 88, and Mosiah 15.

But that doesn't make Him his own Father....or our original Father....We pray to Jehovah/Christ through the Name of Christ...because that is praying to our God/Christ through His work/name of Christ in our behalf.

This is one big reason the BofA is so necessary...reguardless of the way it came to be....

Abraham gives us a great deal of information which clarifies this very difficult doctrine...

Many don't understand it because they don't have the Spirit to define position and work of each member of the Godhead...this is one of the greatest mysteries...but so necessary to Know God.

However, I don't expect my explanation make it any clearer than mud....because it has to be gained through the Spirit.

Read also 3 Nephi where the people were praying directly to Christ....while He was conversing with HIS Father...

3 Nephi 19:

16 And it came to pass that he spake unto the multitude, and commanded them that they should kneel down again upon the earth, and also that his disciples should kneel down upon the earth.

17 And it came to pass that when they had all knelt down upon the earth, he commanded his disciples that they should pray.

18 And behold, they began to pray; and they did pray unto Jesus, calling him their Lord and their God.

19 And it came to pass that Jesus departed out of the midst of them, and went a little way off from them and bowed himself to the earth, and he said:

20 Father, I thank thee that thou hast given the Holy Ghost unto these whom I have achosen; and it is because of their belief in me that I have chosen them out of the world.

21 Father, I pray thee that thou wilt give the Holy Ghost unto all them that shall believe in their words.

22 Father, thou hast given them the Holy Ghost because they believe in me; and thou seest that they believe in me because thou hearest them, and they pray unto me; and they pray unto me because I am with them.

23 And now Father, I apray unto thee for them, and also for all those who shall believe on their words, that they may believe in me, that I may be in them as thou, Father, art in me, that we may be one.

24 And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus prayed unto the Father, he came unto his disciples, and behold, they did still continue, without ceasing, to pray unto him; and they did not multiply many words, for it was given unto them what they should pray, and they were filled with desire.

25 And it came to pass that Jesus blessed them as they did pray unto him; and his countenance did smile upon them, and the light of his countenance did shine upon them, and behold they were as dwhite as the countenance and also the garments of Jesus; and behold the whiteness thereof did exceed all the whiteness, yea, even there could be nothing upon earth so white as the whiteness thereof.

26 And Jesus said unto them: Pray on; nevertheless they did not cease to pray.

27 And he turned from them again, and went a little way off and bowed himself to the earth; and he prayed again unto the Father, saying:

28 Father, I thank thee that thou hast purified those whom I have chosen, because of their faith, and I pray for them, and also for them who shall believe on their words, that they may be purified in me, through faith on their words, even as they are purified in me.

29 Father, I pray not for the world, but for those whom thou hast given me out of the world, because of their faith, that they may be purified in me, that I may be in them as thou, Father, art in me, that we may be one, that I may be glorified in them.

30 And when Jesus had spoken these words he came again unto his disciples; and behold they did pray steadfastly, without ceasing, unto him; and he did smile upon them again; and behold they were white, even as Jesus.

31 And it came to pass that he went again a little way off and prayed unto the Father;

32 And tongue cannot speak the words which he prayed, neither can be written by man the words which he prayed.

33 And the multitude did hear and do bear record; and their hearts were open and they did understand in their hearts the words which he prayed.

34 Nevertheless, so great and marvelous were the words which he prayed that they cannot be written, neither can they be uttered by man.

35 And it came to pass that when Jesus had made an end of praying he came again to the disciples, and said unto them: So great faith have I never seen among all the Jews; wherefore I could not show unto them so great miracles, because of their unbelief.

36 Verily I say unto you, there are none of them that have seen so great things as ye have seen; neither have they heard so great things as ye have heard.

Originally posted by Stephen@Mar 24 2004, 12:09 PM

No. One cannot remain in the office of a Pastor or Bishop if that person is homosexual. Also, as a side note.....women should never hold the office of a Pastor or Bishop because one of the qualifications of that office according to the Bible is: that person needs to be the husband of one wife and rule his household well. A Pastor or Bishop also needs to be above reproach.

A homosexual man- God has turned over to a reprobate mind.....because he has turned away from God doing that which is a unnatural affection.....men with men doing that which is unseemly.

Good Stephen, I am glad to here that response. That is one thing that at least you and I can agree on. Unfortunately, those over at CF, think otherwise, and say that there isn't any proof that the Lord said homosexuality is wrong. So if one does transcend(bad word to use)/bypass laws in the Bible to fullfill a position he is not qualified, what of those who not only associate, but support that ministry? Are they TRUE believers in God and can any good come from that influence. I personally cannot believe such a thing. To me, this is going to bring POLITICS into religion.

Originally posted by porterrockwell+Mar 24 2004, 11:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (porterrockwell @ Mar 24 2004, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Stephen@Mar 24 2004, 12:09 PM

Good Stephen, I am glad to here that response. That is one thing that at least you and I can agree on. Unfortunately, those over at CF, think otherwise, and say that there isn't any proof that the Lord said homosexuality is wrong. So if one does transcend(bad word to use)/bypass laws in the Bible to fullfill a position he is not qualified, what of those who not only associate, but support that ministry? Are they TRUE believers in God and can any good come from that influence. I personally cannot believe such a thing. To me, this is going to bring POLITICS into religion.

Any church under the influence of such a Pastor/Bishop is going to be very loose and liberal.......they are not going to have high standards for God and in my opinion.......they are those described in the Book of Jude that turn the grace of God into lasciviousness.

If one does not honor God and his words that he has preserved for us then..... Why would God honor such people by giving them enlightenment and spiritual growth? The congregation cannot really be blamed for their Bishop or Pastor being homosexual(except for those who supported him and voted for him to remain in office), those members of the congregation who reject him as their minister need to walk away from that congregation and find one that honors God and his words. As Paul said: what fellowship have righteousness with unrighteousness?

Originally posted by Stephen@Mar 24 2004, 10:02 AM

Okay Stephen,

Work through this with me. I'm not mocking, I just don't undertand the thinking yet.

Christ was resurrected with a physical body. Christ is immutable and has his body still. At least there is no known Biblical reference that suggests otherwise. Christ has a spirit that not only dwells in the physical location of his body but also physically dwells everywhere throughout the entire universe.

Is that correct?

Wow, I'm actually satisfied with that response. Very nice. I completely agree. The reason I ask, is because in our area, a female pastor(who is a flamer) won a case to keep her job. People walked away from that congregation, and of course a great deal stayed. The ones that walked away were made to look like biggots. Very sad. You would make a good Mormon, Stephen. Now tell us where you live so we can kidnap you and brainwash you(j/k)!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA, ehhh, sensationalism just isn't as entertaining unless Ed, Jerald, or Sandra are doing it.

Originally posted by Stephen@Mar 24 2004, 11:09 AM

So he is another thing I can't quite get my tiny mind around...

Correct me if I am mistaken but you (you're still Mormon right) align yourself religiously with the Evangelical perspective. Right? Essentially ya'll believe that the church of God consist of all denominations that accept certain doctrines and principles and that all Christians who accept Christ as their Savior are saved and belong to the body of Christ or his church. Is that essentially correct?

If so, how do you reconcile that your own church or parts of your own church (other saved Christians) think that homosexuality is perfectly alright and ordain homosexuals to be bishops or priests or whatever?

Originally posted by Snow+Mar 24 2004, 01:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Mar 24 2004, 01:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Stephen@Mar 24 2004, 11:09 AM

So he is another thing I can't quite get my tiny mind around...

Correct me if I am mistaken but you (you're still Mormon right) align yourself religiously with the Evangelical perspective. Right? Essentially ya'll believe that the church of God consist of all denominations that accept certain doctrines and principles and that all Christians who accept Christ as their Savior are saved and belong to the body of Christ or his church. Is that essentially correct?

If so, how do you reconcile that your own church or parts of your own church (other saved Christians) think that homosexuality is perfectly alright and ordain homosexuals to be bishops or priests or whatever?

Berry Good question.

Stephen, I hope you understand that it is not your job to make people believe what you wrote. There are a few of people on this board who do not want to know God but those who just want to feel like they are better than anybody else. It is hard to exalt yourself above others when you are learning from them.

Originally posted by Tr2@Mar 24 2004, 04:36 PM

There are a few of people on this board who do not want to know God but those who just want to feel like they are better than anybody else.

Yes, but we still have hopes for you.

This is precisely the reason that you have virtually no or at least very little credibility with any significant thinkers here. The reason is that you continually define others in a dishonest and disingenous way that defies their own self-understanding.

I tease you mercilessly but I try to never deliberately mistate your own self-understanding of doctrine. I don't claim that you believe this or that doctrinal thing when in fact you do not believe it. Why? Because that is a scumbag dishonest thing to do. If the goal is to make someone mad, there are plenty of honest ways to do it.

Now it may be true, as you say, that I am better than you. I am better looking, I am a better athlete, I am more intelligent, better read, had better luck with the ladies when I was younger, pitched more shutouts in the Bigs, bowled more strikes in my rookie season in the PBA, cured more diseases, discovered more comets, rolled more helpless drunks, brought about much more world peace and prosperity, and am 8.7 times funnier than you, BUT is is absolutely false that (outside the atheists and agnostics - toward whom your comments were not directed) that there are people that don't want to know God. They just go about it differently.

Such a statement is a lie and anyone who makes it thusly is a liar. The only other excuse is that you are too immature to know better. Frankly our young friend Porter might make such a statement but his excuse is youth, not deceit. Attack me personally all you want. I mean it. I give it to you good and do not mind a bit when you return it. You actually haven't a clue how to make me emotionally vested in your attacks on me so bring it on. But keep your doctrinal and faith based arguments honest. If I fail to do the same, please point it out (I know I have misportrayed you in the past) and I will correct it.