New here, Baptism date set.

FarmerMom

Hello all-I'm a married mom with six children and after a long road I have decided to join The Church. I became truly interested when, during some genealogy work, I found out my 5th Great Grandparents were John Reed and Rebecca Bearce, who were early LDS pioneers. I found I have a really strong Mormon heritage on my mother's side and didn't even know it! So I did some research, have been talking to the Missionaries and went to Church. I do enjoy it and feel like, after years of searching I have found my place. It's a wonderful feeling.I am being Baptized on the 21st of this month. I'm 41 and feel kinda silly that it is this late in life but I am glad that I am finally here.

I am fortunate in that my husband and children all are excited and are learning along with me, and I have a strong feeling that it won't be terribly long before they also become Baptized. For now, it's just me, though.

Anyway, enjoying the boards and glad to be here.

Hey there! I was just recently baptized on the 7th! Glad to see another person joining the family! I'm sure the rest of your family will join us. I still have to do some genealogy work on my part, but that will get done in time.

Also don't worry, everything happens when god wants it to. I think we all can't wait till we can call you sister.

Welcome!

What I really love about your post is it made me feel that you have a very supportive family! That really helps in feeling more confident about entering a new phase in your life. 41 is young!

It is never too late to make a change in your life. :) What a great blessing. I hope your family can enjoy these changes with you.

While I served as a Missionary I helped a couple who was 82 and had been married for nearly 60 years be baptized. They said they had never been happier.

This past year, I got to know a retired couple who joined the church. They said they felt like they were just sitting waiting for life to end as it had no more purpose. Now they state they feel young again as they fully embraced the faith.

Hope the best for you on your special day!

FarmerMom hello and welcome to this forum...But more importantly is welcome to The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. This is a wonderful and exciting time in your life and thank you for sharing it with us. We are all excited for you. It's Great to see people embrasing the gospel. The Lord is truely hastening His work and wants all His children to find truth and purtake of it. It will bring much joy and happiness and learning and growing experince ...Enjoy the journey!!!! We are not human beings having a spiritual experience ,but spiritual beings having and earthly experience ..here on earth. ((hugs)) and welcome into a world wide church of millions of brothers and sisters.....Were here to help but remember none of us are perfect. see you around.........