It's the little things that make a ward...

dahlia

My doorbell rang tonight and it was one of the men from the ward, accompanied by 2 of his kids. They handed me a little bag of heart shaped cookies and a bouquet of roses.

I would have been happy with a single flower, so this was a really great surprise.

How nice to remember the single sisters for Valentine's!

That's awesome !!

That's awesome Dahlia!

I tried making Olaf (from Frozen) marshmallows for my VT sisters... but, I failed at it... It was a mess. I handed it to my VT sisters anyway. Maybe I shoulda just grabbed a single rose!

• 1 month later...

My doorbell rang tonight and it was one of the men from the ward, accompanied by 2 of his kids. They handed me a little bag of heart shaped cookies and a bouquet of roses.

I would have been happy with a single flower, so this was a really great surprise.

How nice to remember the single sisters for Valentine's!

I want to move to your ward! How great.

The first Valentines day after I separated from my husband, the YW *Heart Attacked* me. They completely covered my front door with red and white lace hearts of all sizes, and sayings. The one that stood out and really got to me was the one on red paper with white lace doily cut outs of the letters: You Are A Beloved Daughter of God. Tied to my door knob was a small white paper bag decorated in hearts and kissy lips filled with valentine cookies and candies. 

The primary children did a similar thing on my birthday (I was Primary 1st Councilor) - only with hand drawn 'birthday' decorations. I kept them all for years - till the mice in AZ got to them and chewed up all the paper!!