Love

faith4

Hello everyone! I would like to ask those willing to answer, what love means to them. Perhaps you can share a story, song, or scripture verse which touches you, and teaches you how to share the love of God with others (I'm not asking for sacred experiences though). I live in a highly populated LDS neighborhood, and I have some really great friends who are LDS, and I really love the respect we have for one another's respective faiths. I enjoy learning about other people stories, and how God has shaped their lives, and the main reason why I joined this forum is b/c I have alot of respect for your faith and I enjoy learning about it. :)

To me, love, is an expression of fondness in all kinds variant degrees. Sometimes it's unconditional and sometimes it's conditional. Since we are of the natural man, we often experience both sides of the spectrum. But with The Lord, He is always unconditional with His love. I think that's our goal in this life, to have charity and love towards others unconditionally. I recall the Joseph Smith movie at the Visiting Centre making a quote, something like: "His gospel IS love." So even though the rules are hard to follow sometimes, they are there in our best interest, instructed by God out of love.

Beauty is the raw reality seen through the eyes of Love.

My view is that love is the intent and desire and action to see that the object of love receives everything they need to grow, prosper and become their very best possible self.

It is not romance nor politeness nor lust nor pleasing words.

Lol!! :lol: Then you must show a lot of love to the hosts and cooks who make your food when you go out to eat!!

No, I usually am timid they have either poisoned me or handled my food poorly, which is why I very seldom eat out anymore. Most of what I eat is made by my own hands, only way to be sure! :lol:

I made a comment once on needing an official food taster...and I meant that!

Well it is a pity you live so far away, I would let you come over anytime to pick fresh fruits, veggies, and herbs out of my garden so you could always have good foot to eat :)

On this subject of love, I absolutely love to garden, I am always so amazed at the beauty and goodness of God's creations! While the beauty and peace I find in gardening nourishes my soul, the food itself nourishes my families bodies, and taking care of my family is another great love of mine :) Thank you Lakumi for the laugh! God bless!

And thank you to everyone who has so far replied :)

Love Is Grand!!! It is a great gift!!! Probably one of the greatest gifts. God is so organized, knowing and loving that He let His only begotten son die for us all that we might live forever. Why? Cause He loves us more then we can imagine! And Jesus fulled His mission out of LOve for His Father and all of us. Why? out of love!! Love is what makes the world go around. Love to me is the biggest key. It is said as I have loved you, love one another. It's a commandment Love is an action word. To do, to be, to become. Unconditional love is the goal to work towards.

Sharing love most of the time is not hard, thou it is at times because of fear and its sad when the natural man makes us this way. So it is the goal to get the natural man out of us, then of course love would be even easier......

Edited by Roseslipper