Journals

Palerider

That's a loaded question......enjoyable....difficult.....draining.....fulfilling and challenging

Well if you ever want to go into more detail I always want to know about the inner workings of the church for many angles, how can one truly write a story without such knowledge?

What do you mean by the "inner workings of the church?"

like what its like from a different perspective, the family man, a child, that sort of thing.

I can only see something from my own eyes, my own path.

I suppose inner workings sounds a bit cold, sometimes my choice of words isn't the best

like what its like from a different perspective, the family man, a child, that sort of thing.

I can only see something from my own eyes, my own path.

I suppose inner workings sounds a bit cold, sometimes my choice of words isn't the best

I hope you realize that he would never be able to give you the nitty gritty of his dealings as a Bishop.  Much is confidential between him and members of his ward.

ooh no nothing personal, more a broad stroke like what are their duties, do they get an office, do they share the office? Where does he get his pens, does he bring them from home, stuff like that.

I am sure there's books somewhere talking about those basic little things, or proper people to ask

Yes Bishops get an office.  That's how they can have the conversations in private with members in their ward. There is usually an adjoining door to the clerk's office.

Keeping records is so important. In fact I am reading the Book of Mormon right now with an emphasis on record keeping and usage. It is amazing how many times it is brought up.

A traditional journal is just one way to make and use records. Video, photos, and even audio are also very helpful.

I try to keep a daily record of what I did and what is goign on. Then and the end of each week I try to go a little more in depth on my thoughts and feelings.

Reading the records left for me by my ancestors has been a great blessing in my life.

I have several journals for different reasons.  Sometimes I journal daily sometimes only when something significant happens.

Some of my journals:  personal, one for my grandson and what is happening in his life and regarding custody or behavior issues, blessings journal, pain journal, etc.

How do you start?  just start writing or typing.

I have several journals for different reasons.  Sometimes I journal daily sometimes only when something significant happens.

Some of my journals:  personal, one for my grandson and what is happening in his life and regarding custody or behavior issues, blessings journal, pain journal, etc.

How do you start?  just start writing or typing.

I just started writing......if I remember something from my childhood or whatever I go ahead and record it in my journal. Just want to make sure I have as much info down as I can get.