I Wish To Convert To Mormonism

Holly3278

Hi everyone. I have been reading a lot about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints online and I must say I am impressed by what I read. I have come to believe that the Mormon church is Christ's restored church on earth and am wanting to convert. However, it may be a long and difficult road for me. I have family that probably would not approve of me becoming Mormon and I don't really have anything appropriate to wear to church. I just have bluejeans and t-shirts which a missionary told me is ok for now.

Today I am visiting a Mormon church for the very first time to see what it is like. I am quite excited about going and can't wait to find out what its like! Please pray for me that I would have a good experience and that everything would go well.

Hi everyone. I have been reading a lot about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints online and I must say I am impressed by what I read. I have come to believe that the Mormon church is Christ's restored church on earth and am wanting to convert. However, it may be a long and difficult road for me. I have family that probably would not approve of me becoming Mormon and I don't really have anything appropriate to wear to church. I just have bluejeans and t-shirts which a missionary told me is ok for now.

Today I am visiting a Mormon church for the very first time to see what it is like. I am quite excited about going and can't wait to find out what its like! Please pray for me that I would have a good experience and that everything would go well.

I too hope everything works for you. B) I'm going to say something for you to ponder out in your own mind-no need to respond here on it. I'm a person who says what comes to mind. While you don't know me , I have a few observations I'd like to comment on that hopefully may be of benefit to you. I don't try to say things with hidden meanings or hurtful in anyway so if what I'm saying is too personal please don't take offense by it. I don't mean it in any bad way. Use what you can and ignore what isn't good. I love questions :) .

I can't help but notice that you have been to a lot of different churches. It seems that you are a seeker in that you have gone to so many different faiths. What are you seeking from the different churches?

What has drawn you to them? What have you liked or hated about them? What principles ideas or doctrines do you feel are important? What are you hoping the church can do for you? Do you have gifts and talents you can share with others in a church?

I hope no matter what church you choose that

you realize you are special and have worth.

Seek to love and serve others.

Realize that certain paths/choices will make you happier then others

The world is full of imperfect people trying to get through life somehow. Some of the more imperfect people realize this and go to church to get fixed up by the Master/Gospel. So chances are you will be offended at church.

You will experience hurt in this life. Pray for the strength to get through it.

Sending you best wishes and prayers for your search :) .

Hi PaladinGirl02

I wish you all the very best on your new adventure...

Please let us know how it all goes for you.

I am sure that you will find the strength that you will need to face whatever lies ahead of you in many (some unexpected) places..

Again I wish you all the best :D

Guest Yediyd

I'm responding to this thread to bring it back up to the top. I hope you see it and come back and tell us how church went for you today. Was it what you expected? Do you have any questions?

Church today was great! I thoroughly enjoyed it! I got to talk to two missionaries and they are going to come to visit me on Thursday to help further explain teachings of the Mormon church. I read part of the Book of Mormon and have come to realize that it is true. I will be baptized on July 1st if all goes as planned! :D

Guest Yediyd

Church today was great! I thoroughly enjoyed it! I got to talk to two missionaries and they are going to come to visit me on Thursday to help further explain teachings of the Mormon church. I read part of the Book of Mormon and have come to realize that it is true. I will be baptized on July 1st if all goes as planned! :D

WOW!!!! You go girl!!!!!! It took me THREE MONTHS to commit to baptism!!!! :D

I am glad for you. I've been reading some of your other posts and the heavy discussion that has followed. Some responses have been a little insensitive. I hope you don't let that bother you.

I am a convert -- of some 20 plus years now. There is a lot to learn, but all in all, I am continuously amazed at the doctrinal harmony and completeness flowing from the restoration of the gospel. Still, a person doesn't change their heart just because of doctrines. We change because of the hope, love, excitement and joy we feel as we come to know the Savior. True doctrine makes that possible.

Guest Yediyd

I am glad for you. I've been reading some of your other posts and the heavy discussion that has followed. Some responses have been a little insensitive. I hope you don't let that bother you.

I am a convert -- of some 20 plus years now. There is a lot to learn, but all in all, I am continuously amazed at the doctrinal harmony and completeness flowing from the restoration of the gospel. Still, a person doesn't change their heart just because of doctrines. We change because of the hope, love, excitement and joy we feel as we come to know the Savior. True doctrine makes that possible.

He's right, Just remember that it is Christ's church that is purfact, not the people. Satan will try to discourage you, but you have to see that for what it is. You are on the right tract and he HATES that, if he can discourage you, he will...so be on your guard, and stay in the scriptures!!! Good luck!!! Alot of us up here will be pulling for you!!!!! :D

He's right, Just remember that it is Christ's church that is purfact, not the people. Satan will try to discourage you, but you have to see that for what it is. You are on the right tract and he HATES that, if he can discourage you, he will...so be on your guard, and stay in the scriptures!!! Good luck!!! Alot of us up here will be pulling for you!!!!! :D

Coming from a former missionary, Satan will really discourage you and try to do everything to stop you. Er...

Let's look on the other side. Yes, it will be hard, but stick to it!!!

I've had people discouraged by fear, family, work...it's kinda like the first discussion thing (when you teach about Joseph Smith, something always distracts--the phone rings, someone walks in, etc....)

Guest Yediyd

<div class='quotemain'>

Coming from a former missionary, Satan will really discourage you and try to do everything to stop you. Er...

Let's look on the other side. Yes, it will be hard, but stick to it!!!

I've had people discouraged by fear, family, work...it's kinda like the first discussion thing (when you teach about Joseph Smith, something always distracts--the phone rings, someone walks in, etc....)

Yes, I don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasum, I just want you to be aware of the enemy, he takes many forms. But I am SO happy for you! And thrilled by your enthusiasum!!!!

Well, so far my family is responding quite well! My Grandma doesn't like the idea of me converting because I've switched churches so many times in the past but my Mom is fine with it. She just wants me to carefully consider what I'm doing before I make any commitments. I have carefully considered this and will carefully consider it!

Well, it looks like my entire family knows about my intention to convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints now and they all have responded in a way that I like for the most part. I just told my dad and he believes that the CoJCoLDS is a satanic church but he said that it is my decision and he won't get mad at me if I do convert which I fully intend to do. Praise God forever! :D

Well, it looks like my entire family knows about my intention to convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints now and they all have responded in a way that I like for the most part. I just told my dad and he believes that the CoJCoLDS is a satanic church but he said that it is my decision and he won't get mad at me if I do convert which I fully intend to do. Praise God forever! :D

My mom thought I was joining a cult but I don't think she thinks so now...........I haven't been asked to drink any special Kool-aid yet :wow:

My mom thought I was joining a cult but I don't think she thinks so now...........I haven't been asked to drink any special Kool-aid yet :wow:

wadda ya mean? Are you trying to tell me there's no UFO behind Comet Hale-Bopp that we are going meet after we drink the Kool-aid?

if you have no clue what I'm talking about, perhaps this will jar some memories:

Posted Image

Remember that guy? :tinfoil:

LOL! All jokes aside though, my dad thinks I'm joining a satanic cult. :(

What do YOU think?

In my first post here, not worded the best maybe, this was where I was trying to go a little after reading some of your blog.

You have to really know and have faith in what you're doing. If you're not sure ask (pray) If you are as sure as you say great :) . Look forward to hearing of your baptism.

You are going to have a lot of people who will disagree with your decision :( .

Despite what they say try to keep in mind:

Will this church draw you closer to God? why or why not?

Will it make you a better person? why or why not?

Will it help you to follow your own path? why or why not?

Satans way is not to make you better but to hold you back. To make you miserable and not progressing to your full potential.

If this church helps you AWESOME! If this is the right path for you don't let anyone stop you!

While the LDS church organization is wonderful especially with the restored truths and priesthood,

many others have wonderful truths despite missing pieces too (which has probably been the factor drawing you to them). As you've discovered many are missing something.

The LDS church as wonderful as it is will still not be perfect since its full of lots of imperfect people, myself included :( Regardless of claims of being the restored church with all the truths and all you will be offended or hurt at some time during your association with it. Keep this in mind too as you proceed.

Always look deeper than church organization to give you the strength and undertanding you need and a continued relationship with God. Follow the path set for you. If the church is true that will be your path and you will know it. You will continue to go back to it no matter who says or does what. ;) Keep searching, praying and walking in faith :)