Sun Burn Cures!

Winnie G

Guest Yediyd

Another hint: put a small amount of that conditioner in a squirt bottled with water...spritz down your hair and leave it in...this will tame friz, and calm dry fly away hair.

I buy beer (don't crusify me!) a six-pack last for a long time...open one can at a time...let it sit and get stale...wash your hair with it...I put a few drops in my water and conditioner spritzer...then I add some purfume...I make my own concoction that my daughter calls, "Moma's squirty stuff" I use it in her hair every day. She has long beautiful hair, down to her waist.

Shan... smother your hair in mayonase...put a plastic bag over it...keep it on as long as you can stand it...this will revitalize that dry hair.

:ahhh: Um...let us know how that turns out.

I've done this with mine as well as my daughter's hair...I kept it in all night!!) ...no husband..

We get compliments on our hair all the time. Even though my hair is almost white...it has shine and many natural highlights.

My hair is in better shape than most 20 yr old's... Wish I could say that for the rest of me! :(

You know all those acid reflux meds out there?

I was on them for years and I mean years, then a relative clued me in to apple cider vinegar pills. :idea:

I stopped taking the mets and took two apple cider vinegar pills twice a day for a week and BINGO!

No more acid reflux!

I pop AC vinegar pill if I get hart burn now "once in a while" and poof gone! :idea:

Its the same acid balance in your body.

Drug companies don't want you to know about that, acid reflux med's are a vicious circle.

The more you take the more you'll need.

I would have thought someone was nuts till I tried it, I'm so glade I did. I was paying out $30 month for the med's, I Still have the same Wall--Mart bottle of apple cider vinegar pills for over a year :clap: now .

Guest MissyCat

Thanks Winnie, I'll tell my husband to give it a try. He takes Pepcid AC each day for reflux. Natural is always better if it truly works. With thing like this, it's not going to hurt you if it doesn't work.

My girlfriend was taking like 10 or 15 tums or rolaids a day - and her heartburns were getting worse. For years she had been taking tums/rolaids. Finally she told her Dr that something had to be done. He told her to quit with the tums/rolaids and to start using Mylanta or Malox. Or even the store knockoff of them. He said that your system makes even more acid to counter act the tum/rolaids and the calcium you think is a bonus is the wrong kind of calcium that you need. The calcium you get in tums really doesn't hurt you, it just doesn't help. The good calcium is chelated calcium.

With in a month she was taking the Malox only after she ate heartburn inducing food. I was taking quite a few tums a day, nearly every day too. Even water would give me heartburn, so I switched to Mylanta. Actually I use the store brand, does the same job and it is cheaper.

Now I hardly use the stuff. I used to use the liquid, but because I seldom use it and it gets to tasting pretty yucky after months, I get the tablets.

I'll take a look at the vinegar pills, if they are cheaper than the store knock-off of Mylanta I'll go with them.

It's all about PH (Potential Hydrogen)

The PH scale is 1-14...with 7 being the middle. (neutral)

0-7 is in the acid range and 7-14 is in the alcoline range.

Your skin and hair is between a 4 and a 5 on the PH scale...IT is acid. but most soaps and shampoos are between 7-8, or 9... The alcolinity in them dries out your hair and swells the hair shaft...to moisterize and soften...add acid...such as vinigar or lemon juice.

Most shampoo claim to be PH balanced and women think that is good...when in fact...that is bad...it is a 7 on the scale...too alcoline for your skin and hair. The next time you buy shampoo...look for ACID BALANCED shampoo, these are between a 4 and a 5 on the Ph scale and BALANCED for your skin and hair.

ALSO...AVOID ALL GREEN SHAMPOOS!!! They are the MOST alcoline...Pert plus is the WORST!!!!

Yes, it works well to give you "body" but...

IT works so well because it swells the hair shaft and you see all this "body" but the truth is...the swelling causes breackege and damage...

That is why the shampoo companies keep their products in the alcoline range...because the imedeate result is fuller, richer body...but the end result is breackedge and damage...

I am A licenced cosmotologist, BTW. :D

Yed, thanks for these tips regarding shampoo and soap...I never use soap on my face. I told my daughter about the PH values and shampoos etc. they are very useful to know. :)

Guest Yediyd

I joined about six new message boards, but have not posted in any of them yet...they are not as easy to navigate as this one and I'm a slow learner, I guess...I like this board the best, so I've been neglecting the new ones I found...Emma and MrsS told me about your board...so I joined...but I'm not sure how it works, yet....could you pm me and explain some basics to me? Thanks!!

Guest Yediyd

I'll post the link, but i apologise for highjacking the thread...I apologise also, if it isn't okay to post my link, in which case you may delete it and instruct me to send Shanstress a PM.

http://oogleboogle.proboards23.com

Beware, it's looking a little like a ghost town these days :)

Maybe that is why I didn't know exactly how to navigate it...why don't you get together with Heather and see if she can give you some tips? How do you start a site like that anyway?

Oops! Maybe I should have started a new thread...sorry folks!!! :blush:

The ving worked for the pain and the aloe but I ended up useing steroid cream for the iching :ahhh:

Yeah, I use a steroid cream for a recurring rash. Doesn't take much- one tube has lasted me nearly a year! That is pretty amazing stuff.