Dame The Avocado Thank Goodness For Nhs!

Winnie G

I have not written much in the last few days because I have been in the hospital.

You see I stabbed myself in the hand removing a pit from a Avocado severing two tendons in my hand no longer able to pull two fingers down to the palm of my hand. :ahhh:

I was seen immediately and seen by orthopedic surgeon. :D

I received surgery the next morning and am now home. Cost to me nothing. :wow:

The cost of NHS or Alberta health is $50 dollars a month.

The rest of the health care funds are generated though what’s called sin taxes, on alcohol and tobacco etc….

So thanks for lighting up and drinking that beer I can move my fingers soon.

Oh by the way physio is paid for as well.

our medical coverage is determined by income, a single mother with four children like I was for years did not pay for medical coverage, drugs or dental untill the age of 18, then it only coverd emg dental.

After next years income tax, we should not pay for our medical coverage premiums. (Retirement)

I did the same thing trying to cut through a bone in a roast, Winnie. A huge butcher knife went right through my wrist and into what sounds like those same tendons. I had to have surgery to repair them, and then physical therapy for months. It's pretty much better although if I put pressure on it I can get some wierd shocking sensations. Hope your recovery goes well.

Oh, and mine didn't cost me anything either... insurance, ya know? :)

Guest Yediyd

I did the same thing trying to cut through a bone in a roast, Winnie. A huge butcher knife went right through my wrist and into what sounds like those same tendons. I had to have surgery to repair them, and then physical therapy for months. It's pretty much better although if I put pressure on it I can get some wierd shocking sensations. Hope your recovery goes well.

Oh, and mine didn't cost me anything either... insurance, ya know? :)

WOW, Shan, I thought I was the only one who went through that!!! I injured my left ring finger when I was a child (should have taken it as an omen)..I had over 12 stitches along the length of the finger and around it...I am in my 40's now, and STILL...whenever someone touches it, I get those tingling sharp pricks all along the finger!! I hate to shake hands!! And I can't wear a wedding band....should have seen THAT one coming! :glare:

OK, OK...I admit it...I'm just a "tad" jaded about marriage!!! Sue me!!! :P