What Your Pizza Toppings Say About You

Dating and Relationships

The pizza-love connection

By Riki Markowitz

Think a candlelit dinner is the best venue to suss out a date’s potential? Well, a new study claims that ordering a good ol’ pizza pie can be much more telling. “Pizza-eaters’ favorite toppings show a correlation to their behavior,” says Alan Hirsch, M.D., lead researcher and director of the Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation in Chicago. Commissioned by Domino’s Pizza, the study polled 1,000 people between the ages of 18 to 59 about their pizza-eating preferences and behavioral characteristics. Read the findings below to find out what certain toppings say about you, your date, and your future together.

If your date orders one meat topping…

People who order just pepperoni or sausage on their pie are generally irritable, prone to procrastination, and they often “forget” obligations (like that weekend getaway he or she promised to take with you in the spring).

Compatible with: others who prefer one meat topping

If your date orders multiple meat toppings…

Real meat lovers who pile on the pepperoni, sausage, and ham tend to be dramatic, seductive, sweep-you-off-your-feet extroverts who thrive as the center of attention.

Compatible with: people who prefer one meat topping

If your date orders one veggie topping…

Those who prefer one vegetable topping are empathetic, easygoing romantics.

Compatible with: everybody!

If your date orders multiple veggies…

These dates are trustworthy, loyal, humble, and avoid the spotlight. In fact, they’re so quiet and conflict-averse they tend to be taken for granted in relationships.

Compatible with: people who prefer non-traditional toppings

If your date orders non-traditional toppings…

People who prefer offbeat options like pineapple or extra onions tend to be aggressive, ambitious, and competitive. In other words: Don’t expect a mellow relationship.

Compatible with: others who prefer non-traditional toppings

Riki Markowitz lives in Brooklyn, NY and prefers pepperoni pizza—but does not consider herself irritable! She’s written for Stuff and other magazines.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article courtesy of Happen magazine, www.happenmag.com.

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?arti...6&GT1=10185

If your date orders one meat topping… Compatible with: others who prefer one meat topping

If your date orders multiple meat toppings...Compatible with: people who prefer one meat topping

If your date orders one veggie topping…Compatible with: everybody!

If your date orders multiple veggies…Compatible with: people who prefer non-traditional toppings

If your date orders non-traditional toppings...Compatible with: others who prefer non-traditional toppings.

If it's a pizza, I like it. So I think I am compatible with all (Not!)

I wonder what's wrong?

Elphie

The Great Pizza Debate

Thin crust or thick? New York or Chicago? Where do you stand?

By Robin Kleven Dishon for MSN City Guides

Looking for a hot topic to spice up your next cocktail party?

Forget religion, politics and global warming. Just start talking pizza.

There’s nothing like a big pizza pie to inspire amore—and impassioned debate about what kind is the best.

Thin crust versus thick. Deep dish versus stuffed. Pepperoni or sausage? New York or Chicago? Do you eat yours with a fork or with your fingers?

And for crying out loud, why did pineapple become a topping?

With annual pizza sales in the United States estimated at $35 billion—and growing—the Great American Pizza polemic is hotter than ever. Industry experts say the average man, woman and child in the U.S. consumes 23 pounds of pizza a year.

Amateurs. This restaurant critic can go through that much in a month. Which qualifies me to discuss the perfect pie.

Message Board: What's your favorite type of pizza?

Yellow Pages: Find pizza near you.

Nix regional prejudice: A truly magnificent pizza can hail from Chicago or New York City, San Francisco or Seattle, Venice Beach, Calif., or Venice, Italy. So can a lousy one. In the wrong hands, this simple combination of flour, water, cheese and sauce can devolve into a grease-puddled, limp-crusted mess. It’s enough to make a hard-core foodie cry.

So let’s set some ground rules for great pizza. We’ll start with the crust. A world-class pizza crust must be as flawlessly tanned as a swimsuit model. Neither pasty nor scorched. It may be thick or thin—we’re not size-ist here. Extra points for places with guys who spin the dough on their fingertips.

Pizzas are best on their home turf, preferably a lively and boisterous pizzeria with decent beer on draft. Sure, lots of good places deliver. But drive a pizza through town in a takeout box, and it’s going to be the worse for wear. You’re not going to get steam rising from the still-bubbling cheese, pepperoni that’s way too hot to filch off the top, and a cute server that says, “Watch your fingers on that!”

Next: Tomato sauce and sausage should both be prepared on the premises from secret family recipes that competitors are itching to steal. Extra points for pizzerias so extraordinary, rival chefs dig through the trash to find out what brands of cheese and pepperoni are being used.

Message Board: What's your favorite type of pizza?

Yellow Pages: Find pizza near you.

So-called designer toppings such as goat cheese, duck sausage and smoked salmon are acceptable. (But only in places where the wine isn’t poured from a box.) Anchovies? Take ’em or leave ’em; bait as a topping is a highly personal matter.

But no pineapple. Anything used to make fruit cocktail is not a pizza topping. You wouldn’t ask for maraschino cherries now, would you?

If you crave tropical fruit, order a piña colada. No pizza for you.

Robin Kleven Dishon has been a professional restaurant, food, wine and travel writer since 1986. She has written for a variety of print and online publications, including Elle, the Los Angeles Times, San Diego Magazine and numerous travel guidebooks.

http://cityguides.msn.com/citylife/article...8935&page=2

Yeah, I'd say it is basically so much BS...

I can't hardly stand veggie pizza, and yet the psychological profiles I've had show me to be fiercely loyal and expect the same from others.

Give me MEAT on a pizza, with mushrooms and artichokes, and I am in heaven.

Although my new favorite here in Western NY is Buffalo Wing Pizza: chicken, soaked in Buffalo wing sauce, blue cheese, buffalo wing sauce instead of tomato paste, and mozzarella cheese. MY GOSH, it is absolutely the best pizza I have ever had...