Help Preparing A Talk

sacred1

I've been assigned to give a talk on the third Sunday of August, and I could use a little help. Even though this August is my tenth year in the church, I've never been asked to speak before and I'm not really sure what I should talk about.

The recommended topic is the Spirit and gifts of the Spirit, and I've been doing some research on these. I've found lots of information, but I'm not sure what to use. I'm also really wanting to incorporate some aspects from my conversion into the talk, as it makes for an interesting story, I'm just not sure what to include, or what route to take.

Any help would be appreciated.

-TSO

I don't know what sources for information you have already used. I always recommended lds.org for information. Wonderful information there. As far as incorporating your own converstion...as long as appropriate (just a suggestion mind you), talk about the time you first felt the spirit...how baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost has brought you Gifts of the Spirit.

I don't know what sources for information you have already used. I always recommended lds.org for information. Wonderful information there. As far as incorporating your own converstion...as long as appropriate (just a suggestion mind you), talk about the time you first felt the spirit...how baptism and receiving the Holy Ghost has brought you Gifts of the Spirit.

How long is your talk? I think a bit of your conversion story would be great. If I was doing it would probably start with the scripture, include something personal and a quote from a General authority and always remember you don't often here LDS people complain when sacrament ends early:)

Charley

I've been assigned to give a talk on the third Sunday of August, and I could use a little help. Even though this August is my tenth year in the church, I've never been asked to speak before and I'm not really sure what I should talk about.

The recommended topic is the Spirit and gifts of the Spirit, and I've been doing some research on these. I've found lots of information, but I'm not sure what to use. I'm also really wanting to incorporate some aspects from my conversion into the talk, as it makes for an interesting story, I'm just not sure what to include, or what route to take.

Any help would be appreciated.

-TSO

while searching and studying offer a prayer and ask for the spirit to be with you and inspire you as to what you might say .......then stop and ponder and I think it might become clear as to what info you might use and say....just my opinion

• 2 years later...