Inv.

I was of the opinion also that you were of the male persuasion.  I don't know why I thought that, I guess I just always assume someone is unless they specify otherwise.

I am going to disagree with zil here.  I do not agree that someone is born or genetically an introvert or extrovert.  It's all learned behavior. 

I also don't believe homosexuals are not 'born that way' either.  It's funny how certain people say well, gender identifications are not fixed, so transgender, trans this and trans that is "okay" but homos are 'born that way'.  And can't change.

I'm probably a lot more bookish than you.  I have an advanced graduate degree, after 4 years of 'higher education' and thus have done a lot of book reading.

But that book learning goes to waste unless I developed social skills to put my knowledge to work.  So I have.

And it is easy, just like anything else you have never done before is easy once you muster up the courage and get out there and do it, and learn how to do it.  Suit up and show up, they say.  In your case I guess that would be dress up and do it.

I can guarantee you that when I am not being extroverted, I am more introverted than you.

Zil, or zil.

I don't mean ht or vt.  I haven't had any of that yet.  I mean they say, hey, let's go visit that guy.  Even the Stake President and one visiting of the Seventies.

dc

David 13  what is your degree in?  I have a degree in politics and Economics.   I don't find it particularly helpful to force myself to do things as it just makes it worse, we are all different though I guess.

Guest MormonGator

WOW that's tempting!  :eek:  I have all my own teeth too,  I don't think my Husband would be particularly impressed tho

Lol! Yup it's a total joke. I'm happily married to an amazing woman who hasn't tired of my egotistical self. 

I should say happily married to ONE woman.  :P

Edited by MormonGator

• 3 months later...

Spend private time in prayer.

If you have kids, take them toca park or forest where they can play while you read Scriptures and pray. If no kids: go somewhere safe and relatively private. 

Take walks and reflect.

Practice the vitues you are learning and open yourself up to put on the Mind of Christ, to be led by the Holy Spirit.

Read good books and literature: there is a lot available for free on LDS.com.

Show forth an abundance of love to your husband and demonstrate to him that the Gospel is making you a better and happier person.

Make sure your involvement in Church does not make you less attentive to him or to your home.

However, make sure equally that your husband knows you are serious about this, that having a right relation with God and with His Church are important matters to you.

As when two siblings become jealous of the attention you give to the other, you may need to communicate to your husband that loving Christ does not mean that you love him less: that your love for the Savior is of a different quality than the way you love and honor your spouse.

Try to get your husband to come to ward dances, holiday parties, barbeques. But don't do these things to "win him to Mormonism", but as a way of including him in the new aspects of your life, to show him that he is a welcome padt of that lifestyle to which God has taken you.

Don't encourage or invite opposition to your newfound faith by friends or family or coworkers. If others oppose you on religious grounds, thank them for their concerns but tell them you prefer not to discuss it with them.

If people oppose you because of social issues, explain that you want to think of such matters in the way that God thinks on them. In reflecting upon such matters, you would appreciate that your private religious values be respected.

Tell them they are welcome to address sincere questions to the missionaries or to attend an LDS meetinghouse but that you are just learning about the Faith and don't want your testimony challenged.

Hope these things help!

Edited by flameburns623
Typos