How Do You Handle Politics And World Events During Church?

Thank you Traveler and Carborendum.  I can see that everyone may be right in this discussion.

1. Joseph Smith's question was certainly answered for him.

2. That response most assuredly applied to the existing churches in his area.

3. It's not difficult to believe that the Catholic Church would be included, per McKonkie.

4. Given my church's teachings, one could easily use core LDS doctrine to say that Smith's vision predicted that later denominations, like mine, would be deficient too.

5. Of course, other religions teach paths and practices that conflict with LDS revelations.

6. And, yes, all people of good will should work well with one another.  Let the ones with the brightest lights win.  :-)

On 1/27/2016 at 6:44 AM, Carborendum said:

Several times now I've heard in Sunday School (and somewhat in Priesthood) people spouting out statements that are clearly in the political realm rather than spiritual.  Now, I'm beginning to hear people talk about Muslims being evil and so forth in Sunday School.

If there is a legitimate reason to bring it into the discussion, I suppose there is nothing wrong with mentioning these things.  But the fact that such statements are said in a tone of "As we all agree..."  when clearly there will be a sizable minority that disagrees for justifiable reasons.

So sad to hear that. I'd have a hard time not letting loose.
I guess you could ask them "who did Jesus visit?"