Political Discussions

pam

In checking the IRS rules regarding political discussion, the wording has now changed on the guidelines.  As long as lds.net is not endorsing a political candidate and it is well shown that any views are the views of the individual poster we are okay to discuss candidates.

One of the reasons the article side could post articles is because it's considered a news or journalistic type article or website.  Journalistic articles were never prohibited by the IRS guidelines. The one that was put out regarding Trump was a article jack from another site and it was stated that the article came from another site.

Forums didn't have the luxury of this as the article side did.

That being said, we will open this up to political discussions even regarding candidates but......

We need to be courteous and allow all points of view.  Unfortunately whenever we attempt any type of political discussion the name calling, flaming and such tend to come out.  I'll close down those threads quickly if that becomes the case.

If there are any questions, please send me a private message.  Also I have absolutely no control over the article side...but I do on the forum side.

• pam unpinned this topic