What would you do? (semi-serious question)

NeedleinA

1 hour ago, NeuroTypical said:

Anyone remember how The Simpsons covered this issue?  (It was a killer comet, not a nuke, but same scenario.) Ned Flanders built his family a bomb shelter, the whole of Springfield showed up and crammed themselves into it, forcing him out to die alone.

That's why you never tell anyone about your bomb shelter.  I certainly don't tell anyone about...oops.:unsure:

22 hours ago, Carborendum said:

If it looked so dreadful that there was not going to be any humanity left after 2 years, I don't think I'd bother going in to the shelter.

As long as China and Nigeria are gone, it would be worth it to see a world without junk email again.

In all honesty I'd like to say that I'd stay behind and be blown away with the wind... but the survival instinct is just that.  I don't know what I'd do if I was feeling it AND I saw my wife starting to freak out.  That would be the last straw to make me act and make a mad dash to the Vault.  It's a horrible proposition that I'm sure many people had nightmares about 50 years ago....

Beyond the video game watch some actual public awareness films made to prepare people for just such an event.  Protect and Survive was made by the BBC in the 70's to shock the British Public into paying attention and preparing for WWIII.... We watched something similar for history class..... just thinking about some of those scenes still makes me squeemish even to this day.