What Are We To Do Now?

sixpacktr

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gabelma,

I agree with you that we are becoming so 'soft' anymore, that everything has to be convenient, that we are raising a generation of thumbsurfers that can't cook, clean or take care of themselves, but they can reach level 235 on the latest video game, and send 14 text messages/min!

My wife is not of this country, and she is constantly amazed at just how lazy as a people we are. 'Home cooked' meals doesn't mean what it did when I was a kid (admittedly a while ago, but still!). My mom would cut up the chicken, peel the vegies, dice, cook, whatever them, and take 2-3 hours making a meal that we would devour in 10 mins. And I know that a lot of it has to do with more women/mothers working outside of the home and that we put our kids in 17 different activities after school so that they don't have to miss out (Satan's plan, in my opinion, working perfectly BTW. Families can't eat together or spend any time together because everyone is torn in 10 different directions all of the time...), so women can't take that type of time anymore. But 'home cooking' comes in a Stouffer's box or in a Tyson bag and all you had to do was nuke it!

"Gee mom, you really know how punch those buttons!" :D

a

I miss my mom's cooking. :( And yes, this has nothing to do with GW...

ctually it has everything to do with it, the same things that drive consuerism andour need for cheap tat are the ones that increase pollution and cause people around the world to not see how their actions have a butterfly wing effect on the Earth and itsinhabitants, You asked what do we do now, personally I feel our actions need to be the same whether or not Global Warming exists

Charley

Does anyone remember back in the 80's Ted Danson said we only had 10 yrs to live or we were all gonna melt or die from Reagan Enviro policies -Global warming........ :wow: ...we survived.....I don't have a problem trying to do some things to help the Earth out...I also don't believe its as bad as Al and Mr Moore would like us to think. B)

Apparently the religious hoax have become political hoax. It would seem possible for Nasa to conduct conclusive global warming test from their space research programs.

Or the astronauts could just look back and wave goodbye to us all as they move Nasa to a environmentally friendly planet. :hmmm:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone remember back in the 80's Ted Danson said we only had 10 yrs to live or we were all gonna melt or die from Reagan Enviro policies -Global warming........ :wow: ...we survived.....I don't have a problem trying to do some things to help the Earth out...I also don't believe its as bad as Al and Mr Moore would like us to think. B)

We may have survived... Ted Danson's career didn't though... :ph34r:

<div class='quotemain'>

We may have survived... Ted Danson's career didn't though... :ph34r:

:clap: