I have been weighing this decision for years but no one has really been able to address my questions to satisfy me.  I don't want to offend anyone and want to keep my reasons short.  I just need some answers.  

Edited by life2live
Too long and beyond the question

4 minutes ago, life2live said:

I have been weighing this decision for years but no one has really been able to address my questions to satisfy me.  I know what it is that I am hoping for, but still left without fully understanding if what I am wanting will be satisfied through the process of excommunication.  I want to avoid as much attention to this consideration, but everytime I even hint to this subject, the weight of attention automatically has me withdraw from further knowledge.

I am sorry that I cannot respond to this with anything meaningful, but there is too little information to understand the issue.

If it's not too much trouble, could you flesh this out a bit?

In the meantime, I can only wish you well.

Lehi

1 hour ago, life2live said:

I have been weighing this decision for years but no one has really been able to address my questions to satisfy me.  I don't want to offend anyone and want to keep my reasons short.  I just need some answers.  

It would be very helpful if you could specify the questions you have.  Myself and many of the other posters here are happy to answer questions and help people seeking answers.  We just first need to know what the question is.  

12 hours ago, life2live said:

You will be taken off our rosters and records.  Home teachers will no longer contact you.  Only the stray missionary will come by if you don't live in a subdivision that forbids soliciting.  This, of course, will be different if you are married and your spouse does not join you.  They will still come by to visit the family.

You will be freed from covenants, but you are still subject to God's judgment in the end.  There is nothing to avoid that.  His commandments are His commandments.  You will be judged.

You will have to opportunity to come back to the Church and get re-baptized should you change your mind.  But the likelihood of "trying out excommunication" and coming back are very slim just by the nature of what it is you are doing.  If you do end up coming back, will your sealing still remain in tact?  While you're excommunicated, no.  After re-baptism, I don't know. There is a process called "restoration of temple blessings".  I don't know if it includes sealings.  I'd believe it does.  But I'm not sure.

Are you going to Outer Darkness for resigning from the Church?  Probably not (depending on your level of Spiritual enlightenment).  But are you really wondering if "settling for the Telestial Kingdom" is what you want?  First, you don't need to be excommunicated to accomplish that.  Second, remember that everything is relative.  Compared to almost any other country on earth, living in America is heaven.  But actually being here, we have struggles and difficulties and unpleasantness and people still complain.  

Compared to anywhere on earth, the Telestial Kingdom may or may not be better than here.  But even if it is, we will be consigned to that state with a full knowledge of that Celestial Glory which we gave up.  No matter how pleasant the Telestial Kingdom may be, the loss of the Celestial Kingdom will make it seem like hell.  And truthfully, so will the Terrestrial.

I have been weighing this decision for years but no one has really been able to address my questions to satisfy me.  I know what it is that I am hoping for, but still left without fully understanding if what I am wanting will be satisfied through the process of excommunication.  I want to avoid as much attention to this consideration, but everytime I even hint to this subject, the weight of attention automatically has me withdraw from further knowledge.

Like the others we really can't begin to try answering until we know the question..

That being said I would like to address the bolded part in a general sense...  There are very few things I Fully Understand...  That appears the nature of this mortal existence.  There are many things I think I understand... only to have my understanding be expanded/altered when I learn more. There are many, many more things I accept on Faith even though my understanding is not really there.

There are many things I want to understand... but I know that I have years of study and prayer ahead of me on the subject before I might expect to gain such an understanding

• 4 weeks later...