It's incomplete, but his grand nephew, Joseph Fielding Smith, edited a compilation of many of them called The Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

What about the Joseph Smith papers?

http://www.josephsmithpapers.org/

"
The Joseph Smith Papers Project is an effort to gather together all extant Joseph Smith documents and to publish complete and accurate transcripts of those documents with both textual and contextual annotation. All such documents will be published electronically on this website, and a large number of the documents will also be published in print. The print and electronic publications constitute an essential resource for scholars and students of the life and work of Joseph Smith, early Mormon history, and nineteenth-century American religion. For the first time, all of Joseph Smith’s known surviving papers, which include many of the foundational documents of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, will be easily accessible in one place. "

7 hours ago, bytebear said:

Well, it's many, many volumes, isn't completed, and isn't as available as Teachings. But it is also a good resource.

Lehi

There is also a book called "Discourses of the Prophet Joseph Smith" which I once had my hands on.  But because it was so old, I figured I'd get a new one.  Then I found out it was out of print.  But it is now available in ebook format.  And I'm sure you can find a used copy somewhere.

Edited by Guest

Thank you all!  I needed titles and this will help.  I really appreciate it.  It took me awhile to get back here because I couldn't find how to get back, but eventually I found I could trace wherever I posted.  At any rate, I appreciate this and will start to find these sources.  I have read some primary resources, newspapers, and you know, the LDS church was highly controversial (to put it mildly).  This is actually a plus to me because if we had the media we had in the 1800s or today, Jesus would also be highly controversial to his time.  I think if he had a dollar for every time someone called him a blasphemer, there'd be a stack of them to the moon.

Now I have to get busy and find these titles!! 

Thanks again!

21 hours ago, bytebear said:

http://www.josephsmithpapers.org/

"
The Joseph Smith Papers Project is an effort to gather together all extant Joseph Smith documents and to publish complete and accurate transcripts of those documents with both textual and contextual annotation. All such documents will be published electronically on this website, and a large number of the documents will also be published in print. The print and electronic publications constitute an essential resource for scholars and students of the life and work of Joseph Smith, early Mormon history, and nineteenth-century American religion. For the first time, all of Joseph Smith’s known surviving papers, which include many of the foundational documents of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, will be easily accessible in one place. "

Wow, I was just perusing this site and there's a lot here!   I'm going to enjoy these recourses a lot!  I'm Native American, well, 1/2, and the other 1/2 is white.  Not in the manner of Elizabeth Warren.  LOL   I especially want to understand the role of Native Americans and I see this source is loaded with info.  Thanks again!

19 hours ago, Vort said:

Elizabeth Warren is a seventeen-year-old Native American man who can fly by flapping his arms. If you don't believe me, just ask him. To question his judgment in his self-description is highly impolite, and at this historic juncture, probably illegal.

Uh oh.  I used to think she (pardon me, "he") had a haircut kinda like Justin Bieber, and after I saw someone else said that, Bieber changed his look to blond dreadlocks.  I don't know if the look was changed due to the comment, but it wouldn't surprise me!

@LeSellers I'm heading out on vacation.  I wasn't going to take my laptop, but I have downloaded a lot of texts, and I'll take it anyway, but there will be no wifi there.  I'll write down questions as I get them and save them for when I get back.   I am astounded that the Mormons went amongst the Indians in the 1830s, that's like the time of the most agitation, at least amongst nations I've studied.  Also, the idea of allying with the Indians against the people persecuting them was quite bold indeed.  I'll comment more when I get back.  It's quite interesting!  TTYL

• 3 weeks later...