Wedding Gifts

Annabelli

If they are already pretty set up, they would probably appreciate cash to go toward the honeymoon. My husband and i were married and he already had alot of everything (its his 2nd marraige) so we got alot of cash, but also some nice things like a good cutlery set, and nice glasses and lots of towels and sheets. Things that every house needs a good supply of.

My Dad and stepmother didnt have a wedding list as they already had an established home. They asked for money or John Lewis vouchers. They still have some of the money left and have bought some beautiful pieces for thier home like art, vases, expensive bed linen. So vouchers are a good idea too.

When I got married last month, we got a lot of cash and a whole bunch of gift cards. This was my second marriage and my wife :wub: had lived on her own for many years, so we were pretty set. We still got the usual gifts, cutlery, frypans, etc. It was kind of nice to start our life together with new stuff, not our old crappy stuff. :P

When I was married, I was involved in a project to raise funds for a much needed "care flight" helicopter and funds to renovate a parking lot for landing.

My fiancee and I agreed to give our "wedding gifts" to this project and asked everyone to make a contribution for this instead of gifts. We still received a couple of toasters and an ironing board but most people were happy to do it.

(no, we did not use the helicopter on our honeymoon although it was tempting. :P )

Although our marriage didn't make it, I am glad that some good came of it.

Am I wrong to think that couples would be better off giving their short lived windfalls to a good cause?

• 2 years later...