Name Of Book?

pushka

I recall reading a post on this message board, about a dog that had been 'adopted' by some soldiers in Iraq, and at the end of their tour of duty, one of the soldiers had smuggled the dog out of Iraq to the USA. The post was about the book which the soldier wrote about his experiences.

I cannot recall whether or not this thread was in the general forum or the book forum, and cannot remember the name of the book!!

Please can anyone recall what the book was called, as a friend of mine is interested in reading it?

I recall reading a post on this message board, about a dog that had been 'adopted' by some soldiers in Iraq, and at the end of their tour of duty, one of the soldiers had smuggled the dog out of Iraq to the USA. The post was about the book which the soldier wrote about his experiences.

I cannot recall whether or not this thread was in the general forum or the book forum, and cannot remember the name of the book!!

Please can anyone recall what the book was called, as a friend of mine is interested in reading it?

there was an article about a similar book in USA today called from bagdad with love

is that it?

Yes - it's called Old Abu. The dog, a Yellow Labrador Retriever, is adopted by a soldier and taken home to Texas where the dog bonds with the entire family. The original owner of the dog, Mr. Abd-Al-Hamid, shows up to claim his dog, but realizes that the soldier's family need him more than he does so he trade Old Abu to the the family for one horny toad and a home cooked meal.

The dog and soldier go through some heart warming adventures together, including one where Old Abu saves the soldier from a mad wild boar. Unfortunately Old Abu is later attacked by a rabid wolf and the soldier has to put Abu down with his gun.

In the much anticipated sequel to Old Abu, Abu, who by this time is stuffed and placed by the fireplace as a decoration comes by to life when he is possessed by the evil spirit of Gozer, the Gozerian. Abu/Gozer goes on to cause much hijjinx and consternation all over Texas in one comedic mishap after another.

A movie starring Justin Timberlake as the soldier, Andy Griffith as his dad and Biff the Wonder Mutt as Old Abu comes out in time for Christmas. See it with the whole family.

In the much anticipated sequel to Old Abu, Abu, who by this time is stuffed and placed by the fireplace as a decoration comes by to life when he is possessed by the evil spirit of Gozer, the Gozerian. Abu/Gozer goes on to cause much hijjinx and consternation all over Texas in one comedic mishap after another.

Very nice!

<div class='quotemain'>

Yes - it's called Old Abu. The dog, a Yellow Labrador Retriever, is adopted by a soldier and taken home to Texas where the dog bonds with the entire family. The original owner of the dog, Mr. Abd-Al-Hamid, shows up to claim his dog, but realizes that the soldier's family need him more than he does so he trade Old Abu to the the family for one horny toad and a home cooked meal.

The dog and soldier go through some heart warming adventures together, including one where Old Abu saves the soldier from a mad wild boar. Unfortunately Old Abu is later attacked by a rabid wolf and the soldier has to put Abu down with his gun.

A movie starring Justin Timberlake as the soldier, Andy Griffith as his dad and Biff the Wonder Mutt as Old Abu comes out in time for Christmas. See it with the whole family.

LOL Snow...I'd like to read/see that version too!! :D