Most Important Lesson From Your Mission

3 hours ago, Carborendum said:

You are correct that both numbers have the same number of prime number denominators.  But in our base 10 system (specifically a 2x5 system) 15 is more round than 14 - arithmetically speaking.  And if you're talking about graphically, well, yes, 5 is more round than 4.  So, neener.

The prime factorization of 15000 is 23 x 3 x 54. The prime factorization of 14000 is 24 x 53 x 7. Based on that, I'd say 14000 looks rounder, at least in the sense of more even.

7 minutes ago, Vort said:

The prime factorization of 15000 is 23 x 3 x 54. The prime factorization of 14000 is 24 x 53 x 7. Based on that, I'd say 14000 looks rounder, at least in the sense of more even.

I've never heard "more even" be equated with "rounder" before.

Edited by Guest

There is another aspect to lessons learned from my mission experience that dovetails, I suppose, with my personality and my ways of thinking. I sometimes find myself ruminating on what I would do differently if it were possible to go back in time and have a do-over. (I do try to make something productive out of such thoughts by applying the "would have, could have, should haves" to the present and future.) Anyway, I would invest more time and energy in preparations that would have enabled me to be of service to people in some purely practical ways such as automotive and household repair, just to name two. 

Although I took foreign languages classes in school, and did as well as one may in such a non-immersive setting, I find it ironic that growing up I lived directly across the street from a native of the very country to which I was called to serve. And I never learned a word of her native language from her during those years even though I grew up very friendly with her family. I imagine how it could have been if I'd had the prescience to imagine the benefit to be derived had my relationship been just a little more intimate and I just a little bit more mature with regard to the temporary nature of the "now" vs. the permanent nature of the "past". 

Edited by UT.starscoper

The big thing I remember probably has blended together of some small experiences.   I remember being on splits with some other companion. I remember us walking and talking about agency and how people have the power to choose.  Blending in the knowledge of what I had gained of the plan of salvation, a light bulb went off in my head during this conversation.  The plan of salvation is so perfectly constructed that it allows each person to grow or fall as much as they want to.   The more a person follows the path, the closer they can get to God.  The opposite is also true.  Each person has the power themselves to grow at there own speed.  The plan of salvation is really the perfect plan to allow people to use their agency. 

• pam unfeatured this topic