Fighting on enemy grounds

Vort

The hardest people to argue with are exiting, or already exiting Mormons. They know all the sides and classic rebuttals to all the controversial topics. They love a platform to speak from and an audience who worships them. I have learned the hard way that you cannot discuss or debate these folks. I came and started posting on this forum because it appears there are still quite a lot of conservative LDS posters here who want a rational discussion. I know of two blog and forum hubs popular in the mormon blogosphere that are turning liberal and have been taken over by the liberal exiting Mormons and they will ban you if you make points they cant argue with. The fight is no longer the non LDS but the fringe Mormons in our midst. its practically impossible to not fight on enemy grounds with these folks, you just say your piece, end dialogue with them and move on.

19 hours ago, Rob Osborn said:

The hardest people to argue with are exiting, or already exiting Mormons. They know all the sides and classic rebuttals to all the controversial topics. They love a platform to speak from and an audience who worships them. I have learned the hard way that you cannot discuss or debate these folks. I came and started posting on this forum because it appears there are still quite a lot of conservative LDS posters here who want a rational discussion. I know of two blog and forum hubs popular in the mormon blogosphere that are turning liberal and have been taken over by the liberal exiting Mormons and they will ban you if you make points they cant argue with. The fight is no longer the non LDS but the fringe Mormons in our midst. its practically impossible to not fight on enemy grounds with these folks, you just say your piece, end dialogue with them and move on.

I understand, and for the most part agree with, what you are saying here.  But let us be mindful of the very faithful Saints who also happen to lean liberal in their political views.

3 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I understand, and for the most part agree with, what you are saying here.  But let us be mindful of the very faithful Saints who also happen to lean liberal in their political views.

Yes. Its interesting that this is one of the only Mormon forums I havent been banned from. From reading the different posters it appears this forum is still controlled by conservative LDS (I dont mean "Republican" here but rather believers in old school traditional doctrinal beliefs) believers. You cant debate with liberal Mormon thinkers (its an oxymoron).

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, Rob Osborn said:

Yes. Its interesting that this is one of the only Mormon forums I havent been banned from. From reading the different posters it appears this forum is still controlled by conservative LDS (I dont mean "Republican" here but rather believers in old school traditional doctrinal beliefs) believers. You cant debate with liberal Mormon thinkers (its an oxymoron).

95% of people here are wonderful. Of course you'll never agree with or like everyone you will encounter this board is flooded with truly wonderful people of all political and religious stripes. 

22 hours ago, Vort said:

Here's a great example of someone attempting to fight the good fight on enemy grounds.

http://mormanity.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-church-in-changing-world-robert.html

(I will admit that I only scanned the link briefly.) 

Vort, might I suggest that there is a difference between "fighting on enemy ground" and doing as Captain Moroni in attempting to fortify our defenses and strengthen our armor? 

Now, I would personally say that the true way to fortify our defenses is to simply LIVE the gospel.

However, I guess I find it difficult to condemn those who enjoy placing the pieces of the puzzle in an effort to make sense of it. The gospel is true, after all, which is more than I can fully state about anything else from history, science, or even my own perceptions... 

Edited by Colirio