What is your religion?

Sunday21

Someone asked me recently 'What is your religion?'. I dutifully responded, Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. Later that day, I was reviewing my professional commitments. I do not work on Sunday and I was wondering if I should begin to work a 7 day week. I am not as productive as I should be. I wondered about my priorities in life. I reflected over the last decade and the choices that I have made. 

Based on my choices, I think I can answer the 'what is my religion? Question. When there is a choice to be made, do I choose career? Family? Church? My family are atheists so by hanging out with them on the sabbath in a restaurant, I may be choosing family over church. 

I thought through the scheduling choices that I have made in my life over the last decade. These choices answer the question 'What is your religion?'. These choices that I have made, tell me who I am and what I value. Sometimes my choices tell me things about myself that I did not know.