2 Nephi Chapter 23 - June 14, 2017

pam

Well, I may have picked the wrong day to jump back in here, because I am highly inexperienced in the realm of Isaiah, but I'll see if I can find a few interesting things.

3 . . . mine anger is not upon them that rejoice in my highness.

Most of the time, the wicked of the world are also those who vehemently reject the Lord, or at best are those who claim a form of godliness, yet deny the power thereof.  How many SJW's are also proclaiming and rejoicing in Christ and the Father?  Sadly, much of the world and society at large no longer rejoice in Christ, even to the point of persecuting him, and those who follow him.  There is a disparity of people, both in and out of the Church who are faithful in their testimony of Jesus.  And the subsequent verses clearly convey the true justice awaiting the wicked of Babylon.

8 . . . they shall be amazed one at another;

I think when it all happens, people will be completely flabbergasted.  It's like when you prove a super left wing position wrong with actual facts and data and they just stare at you and have no idea what to say.  They are amazed, and just don't want to believe it.  You can only deny the truth for so long before you must accept it.

15 . . . every one that is joined to the wicked shall fall by the sword.

An interesting lesson, especially for our youth.  It doesn't really matter if you are doing wicked things; if you are continually associated with or 'joined to' the wicked, you will eventually fall with them.  There are plenty of situations where a mostly innocent individual might receive punishment simply by association.  Avoiding the appearance of evil has its reward.