More Fun: Scriptures

Sunday21

The number one best thing I do to have 'fun' studying the scriptures is to ponder them.  Pondering helps me make previously unseen connections and to have those verses and insights become part of me.  Technically this is not 'fun' but it is very exciting and brings great joy.

I recommend taking the time to care more about what you read than about how much.  Ponder! ? ?

Edited by person0

The most "fun" I've had reading the scriptures is when I don't pressure myself to get some magnificent insight every time I turn the page. I also take "normal" goals and tweak them a bit, like when my stake was challenged to read the BoM twice in one year, I read it and then read it backwards chapter by chapter.

4 hours ago, seashmore said:

The most "fun" I've had reading the scriptures is when I don't pressure myself to get some magnificent insight every time I turn the page. I also take "normal" goals and tweak them a bit, like when my stake was challenged to read the BoM twice in one year, I read it and then read it backwards chapter by chapter.

Read it backwards! Holy Cow! I could not do that! 

Not exactly fun, but when I'm sick I like to watch "church" from home through BYUtv. I don't know whether @RooTheMormoncan do that without causing trouble, but here are links to their programming.

Worship Services - Sacrament Meeting minus the sacrament. There are only ten, unfortunately. After finishing those, I guess you could start over or watch conference talks or BYU Devotionals or Women's Conference addresses.

For Sunday School I watch Discussions on Whatever Book of Scripture We're Studying; Doctrine and Covenants this year. But I'd suggest Roo study the youth curriculum teacher's materials. Young Women Sunday School It might be helpful to get a notebook to record your answers to the questions. Sometimes trying to articulate answers and writing things down can help you think through them in more depth.