Most senior cardinal yet to face trial

askandanswer

Australian Cardinal George Pell, formerly the Vatican's Treasurer, will face trial on historic sex offences. The decision was announced yesterday by a court in Victoria. The Magistrate decided that for some of the charges, there was not enough evidence for the matter to go to trial, and those charges have been dropped, but for other charges, there was enough evidence to proceed to trial. No date has been set yet. 

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/treated-like-any-other-accused-george-pell-s-life-of-extremes-20180501-p4zcnt.html

I have mixed opinions about the current Pope, but after unsuccessfully googling for details, I can get behind this:

When Pope Francis was asked about allegations against Pell last year, he told reporters: “It’s true, there is a doubt. We have to wait for justice and not first make a mediatic judgment – a judgment of gossip – because that won’t help. Once justice has spoken, I will speak.”