Online Missionary Work

Just wondering what people thought of online missionary work. how have you gone about it? Have you found anything that is successful?

I feel we havent fully used the internet for missionary work like we could. And I think if we did we would have an explosion of people joining the Church.

There's a lot of information about LDS Cyber Missionary work at the Mormon Sites forum, and a lot of LDS Cyber Missionaries are starting to gather there.

One "Ask a Mormon" thread I started, in less than six weeks received more than 3,000 posts and 37,000 views!

Come and discuss this great work Elder Ballard has asked us to become anxiously engaged in.

http://www.ldscybermissionaries.org

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

My husband and I are Roman Catholic. I have been on-line here for a while and sharing with my husband on what I find. We have read parts of the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants. We are supporters of BYU-TV. We axiously await their updated series on the Study of the Book of Mormon which begins Mid-July this year.

You might say I/we are on-line investigators at this point.

I agree with one poster who said that personal contact is important-with a missiionary or visiting an LDS Church-we have yet to do either.

I think that on-line Missionary Work-or as some would call it-Evangelism-sharing your faith journey/beliefs is one exellent way in sharing your message of hope and love to a hurting world.

So-I fully support such an idea.

The LDS Church has been at the forefront of using the media in a very positive light in sharing its message. The LDS web site LDS.Org is a wealth of information.

I have downloaded the audio MP3 of the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants-sometimes I just enjoy listening to the spoken word.

So-on-line Missionary Work---Keep doing it!

God bless your efforts at reaching a hurting world.

-Carol

you dont have to be the best. You just need to try to be the best you can be.

Your comments are very encouraging for the Latter-day Saints online who like to think they are "cyber missionaries" who are providing more than just entertainment or social value. We have so much to share, to add to the truths found in all religions.

I converted to the LDS faith from Roman Catholicism when I was a young man. I'll always be grateful for my upbringing in a church that taught moral values similar to those of the LDS Church.

Would you mind if some of us who have LDS cyber missionary websites or boards quoted your message?

Enjoy the day.

Please feel free to share my message. You are doing a great service to your Church in reaching out to a hurting world.

-Carol

Your comments are very encouraging for the Latter-day Saints online who like to think they are "cyber missionaries" who are providing more than just entertainment or social value. We have so much to share, to add to the truths found in all religions.

I converted to the LDS faith from Roman Catholicism when I was a young man. I'll always be grateful for my upbringing in a church that taught moral values similar to those of the LDS Church.

Would you mind if some of us who have LDS cyber missionary websites or boards quoted your message?

Enjoy the day.

• 1 month later...

We are always missionaries. We have hats, t-shirts, and bumpers that say IAM2 (stands for I'm A Mormon Too!) It is to create awarness and let people all around us know that we are Mormon and we are proud of our faith. Visit I'm A Mormon Too! to see what we are talking about, and from there, please visit our myspace page and add us to your friends. Thanks so much! IAM2 (Abby)